Tamron Adapt-a-matic 21mm PFJ-45Au
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Other Cameras and Lenses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2015   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 8523012
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No
Default Tamron Adapt-a-matic 21mm PFJ-45Au

A lens from 1972. See this link for more info.

Tamron 21mm PFJ-45Au by renseposthumus.

Rense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 596039
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Tamron Adapt-a-matic 21mm PFJ-45Au

nice looking wide lens for full frame.

not sure but i think adapt-a-matic is earlier than 1972 and very hard to find an appropriate adaptor to be able to take this older lens mount from tamron.

i still have an auto tamron zoom 70-220 adapt-a-maitic lens with the minolta md adaptor and it's one superb lens that is currently relegated on use with a GF1 after getting the takumar zoom.
post whatever is in your mind no matter how unbearable it is to others, no matter if they are in authority, or a forum bully or simply a sour troll. In the end you can't please everyone and may annoy some but that is what a forum should be, an open discussion complete with trolls all over.
moodless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015   #3
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodless View Post
nice looking wide lens for full frame.

not sure but i think adapt-a-matic is earlier than 1972 and very hard to find an appropriate adaptor to be able to take this older lens mount from tamron.

i still have an auto tamron zoom 70-220 adapt-a-maitic lens with the minolta md adaptor and it's one superb lens that is currently relegated on use with a GF1 after getting the takumar zoom.
you can read all about adaptall/adapt-a-matic lenses on this site.
This lens is indeed from '72.

You really should be using these nice lenses (craftmanship, before the era of computer designed/optimalised lens.
Old 01-08-2015   #4
Vicuna

yes.. i would have to agree, when it comes to built quality, nothing beats old manual lenses, has little or no electronics is also a plus as it will outlast current lenses ones their electronics fail.

to be honest i never really looked at manual lenses more than in the past year.. i got my very 1st m4/3 mirrorless camera less than 2 years back but i use it merely as a point and shoot substitute, then i sold off the kit lens and was left with a body, then went for adapters that opened up everything.. at half or even less than half the price of current modern lenses.

in the last 6 month alone, half of my photographic purchases are on old lenses and adapters, soon i realized that with the growing numbers of different lens mounts that i have, i will eventually run out of space in my dry cabinet.

my direction right now is on completing the m42 primes from takumar (if budget permits). about a month ago i still keep shy of minolta md mounts unless they are really sold dirt cheap as they require adapters with glass on most dslr, that however changed when i got my very 1st mirrorless e-mount system last month.
post whatever is in your mind no matter how unbearable it is to others, no matter if they are in authority, or a forum bully or simply a sour troll. In the end you can't please everyone and may annoy some but that is what a forum should be, an open discussion complete with trolls all over.
Old 01-09-2015   #5
Camel Breath

Yopu gonna need therapy, sounds like a serious case of Glass Acquiring Syndrome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodless View Post
yes.. i would have to agree, when it comes to built quality, nothing beats old manual lenses, has little or no electronics is also a plus as it will outlast current lenses ones their electronics fail.

to be honest i never really looked at manual lenses more than in the past year.. i got my very 1st m4/3 mirrorless camera less than 2 years back but i use it merely as a point and shoot substitute, then i sold off the kit lens and was left with a body, then went for adapters that opened up everything.. at half or even less than half the price of current modern lenses.

in the last 6 month alone, half of my photographic purchases are on old lenses and adapters, soon i realized that with the growing numbers of different lens mounts that i have, i will eventually run out of space in my dry cabinet.

my direction right now is on completing the m42 primes from takumar (if budget permits). about a month ago i still keep shy of minolta md mounts unless they are really sold dirt cheap as they require adapters with glass on most dslr, that however changed when i got my very 1st mirrorless e-mount system last month.
Old 03-16-2015   #6
Vicuna

nah, my budget is only approximately USD$30 a month on any old lens that i can bid on.. last february didnt buy anything other than adapters which are very cheap coming from china..

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Other Cameras and Lenses »

Share this topic: