tamron 150-600mm
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Other Cameras and Lenses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2014   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 2311001
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default tamron 150-600mm

Have been looking for this lens for a bit !no one seems to have it.... a buddy of mine had one early this year and I get to try it ! very nice , smooth and sharp on his Canon 60D....
Anyone have any idea when will tamron release more of these>

DAveC

Dedicated to Military Aviation Pix
davechng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 301
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: tamron 150-600mm

I'm not sure if the camera shop still has the lens, but you could try "Lakesidecamera.com" in Metairie, La. I saw one there with a Canon mount for sale about 2 weeks ago. Back in early February, I bought my copy when they were just starting to show up in the market place, at a camera store in Oklahoma City. Everyone was looking at B&H, and Adorama, and were placed on a waiting list. I had mine in 3 days.
My basic equipment:Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, Canon EOS 7D Mark II, Canon EOS 7D Classic, Canon EOS 50D, and Canon EOS 6D, EF-S 10-22mm Ultra Wide Angle, Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM, Canon EF 40mm STM, Canon EF 70-200mm f4L IS USM, Canon EF 100mm f2.8L macro USM. Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L USM,Tamron 18-270mm VC walk-around lens, Tamron 150-600mm, Tamron SP 24-70mm Di VC USD lens, Rokinon 8mm fisheye, Canon EF 50mm STM, Tele-converters: 1.4 Kenko, 2X Tamron, Post Processing: Adobe PS, Adobe Lightroom, X-rite Passport Color Checker, Other things I shoot with, Walther PPK 380, Bursa CC 380, Glock 17 9mm. And Canon Vixia M52 camcorder. I've also added an array of Cokin ND filters.
Surfwooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014   #3
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 8899192

I bought two of these today at Precision Camera in Austin Texas but it was the last two they had in stock. This place was recommended to me by Dr. Spencer Moore out of Waco and it appears they have it in stock. Tamron - 150-600MM SP f/5-6.3 Di VC USD Telephoto Zoom Lens | WHcamera

Sorry I didn't notice the age of this thread when I started but will leave the post anyway.

Sony gear
Bill in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014   #4
Vicuna

Its ok Will

I am still looking for the lens ! most of the major mail order places still do not have it like Adorama, B&H, Beach camera....

Thanks for the info!

DaveC
Old 10-09-2014   #5
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 8899192

Dave I see you're in Plano. The second one I bought for a friend out of Rockwall. You might try the store at the link. Comes highly recommended.

Sony gear
Bill in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014   #6
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 301

I held one in my hand Wednesday evening at Bennets Camera, in Metairie, La. It had a Canon mount. I've had mine since the thing went to the public, last Winter. Actually, I was at the Tamron Tailgate show, lots of Tamron information given out.
My basic equipment:Canon EOS 5D Mark IV, Canon EOS 7D Mark II, Canon EOS 7D Classic, Canon EOS 50D, and Canon EOS 6D, EF-S 10-22mm Ultra Wide Angle, Canon EF-S 18-135mm IS STM, Canon EF 40mm STM, Canon EF 70-200mm f4L IS USM, Canon EF 100mm f2.8L macro USM. Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8L USM,Tamron 18-270mm VC walk-around lens, Tamron 150-600mm, Tamron SP 24-70mm Di VC USD lens, Rokinon 8mm fisheye, Canon EF 50mm STM, Tele-converters: 1.4 Kenko, 2X Tamron, Post Processing: Adobe PS, Adobe Lightroom, X-rite Passport Color Checker, Other things I shoot with, Walther PPK 380, Bursa CC 380, Glock 17 9mm. And Canon Vixia M52 camcorder. I've also added an array of Cokin ND filters.
Surfwooder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014   #7
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1438530

Bought one brand new a few days ago , GBP 800 and free postage

So far ... its brilliant
Bootstrap Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015   #8
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 2407

Don't know if anyone has experience with this but here goes: I am going to receive a small bequest in the next couple months, perhaps around $1,500. I will never, ever get this much money again so this is a one time opportunity. I have wanted to get into bird photos for some time but my equipment just doesn't seem to be up to it unless I'm sitting on top of them so I thought I might purchase one of the Tamron 150-600mm lenses I keep hearing about. Trouble is, my only camera is a Nikon D3100 and I can't afford to upgrade that so, when I heard today that the Tamron 150-600 lens would be a no-go on a small camera like mine I was more than a little disappointed. Apparently the problem is the light - and the fact that the maximum ISO on my camera is 3200 which someone said with a long lens like this, at 1/600 would not be adequate. I would be shooting outdoors, but I live on the west coast, Vancouver area, so it is often very heavily overcast and light/ISO is often a problem even with my current 55-300 lens. Can anyone with any experience tell me if this idea that the Tamron is unsuitable for my camera is correct? If it is true that they won't work together, is there any other way (other than the Tamron 150-600) I could spend this money and still be able to get really good bird photos? (I will never, ever have $10,000 for a prime bird lens.) Any ideas appreciated.
Pat50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015   #9
Vicuna

Just got mine and have been using this lens for a few occasion shooting Aircrafts! the results are mixed.... This lens Can get really sharp pic but the Image stabilization do not work well when you have a fast object traveling from side to side... like say an aircraft taking off and you have to pan from left to right.... I had a few occasion having my VR turn on and shots and my pic came out soft. However, I change a couple of times shooting at higher speed of about 1/1250 and up , focal length at about 500mm , F8 and VR off .. pic came out tact sharp!

U can see most of my recent shots in transportation section

DaveC
Old 02-13-2015   #10
Llama

CamelKarma: 832527

I have tried it and it is a very sharp lens for the money.
I fogged it in the rain so beware of that.
Supposedly Sigma's version is water resistant and I suspect even higher in quality

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Other Cameras and Lenses »

Share this topic: