tamron 150-600mm - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Other Cameras and Lenses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2015   #11
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1438530
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: tamron 150-600mm

Those plane shots are fabulous.

I would only bother using the VC ( VR Is Nikon ) on slow and still objects , myself. I use it only when necessary

With a fast shutter like you used, 1/1250th, VC is redundant anyways.
Bootstrap Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015   #12
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 2311001
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: tamron 150-600mm

I have tried comparing to my Sigma 120-400mm lens! seems the IS ( image stabalized) Sigma and CAnon have an edge.... I was doing slow speed shutter priority shot at 1/250 shutter and high focal zoom on the lens pass 400mm with IS on.... a lot of my shots come out slightly soft when aircraft is panning . Comparing to the SIGMA under same focal length and speed I got better shots out of it. I lookup forums and call tamron and was told to have my IS off when doing panning shots.
Somthing to think about when getting this lens! otherwise it is super sharp!

DaveC

Dedicated to Military Aviation Pix
davechng is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Other Cameras and Lenses »

Share this topic: