Your photographic excuses
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 77753
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Your photographic excuses

We've all got them. They're the reason you're late for that hot date, dinner, shower, office meeting, etc.... Some are brilliant. Others lame. Either way let's hear it.

I'll start with a lame one. You guys work it up.

This morning while getting ready for work I looked out the bathroom window and saw a pair of hummingbirds perched on a flower bush below. It was a rather pleasant surprise seeing them perched and not hovering so I stood there to admire them. I then called my wife and kids over to share the sight. 5 minutes later they are still there - occasionally they would dart off to visit the flowers but they would come right back! I didn't think they would stick around for so long I finally grab the camera and started shooting. Unfortunately it wasn't super bright yet so I had to bump the ISO and open up aperture to get a few shots, and I was using the 70mm end of my 24-70 but that wasn't much improvement either. After realizing that 30 minutes has passed I rushed for work.

And boss, that is the honest reason why I was late for the meeting this morning!!!

transcape5 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: