Avocado Festival
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 3357
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Avocado Festival

Just wanted to put this on everyone's radar. California Avocado Festival Oct 2, 3, 4 in Carpinteria California. Aside from me being an Avocado freak I'll be renting a lens for the event so In hopes for some impressive photos.

Flickr
kewk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 77753
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Avocado Festival

Oh man, I love avocado. Have you ever had avocado with vanilla ice cream?
Old 09-21-2009   #3
Llama

Nope, but they will have Avocado Ice Cream at the festival. I'll have to try it with Vanilla. Another good, yet weird, combo is eating Avocado with a Dill Pickle lol.

Flickr
Old 09-29-2009   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 13427

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcape5 View Post
Oh man, I love avocado. Have you ever had avocado with vanilla ice cream?
ohhhhhhhhh,, that's gross Tom

However, It is awesome in a pita pocket with sprouts, monterey cheese, onions and boiled chicken.... yum...
KatMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009   #5
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 910905
Editing OK?: Ask first

avocado and pickles.....ummmm, think I'll pass on that one. But, we've made avocado smoothies....yummmmm.

website portals:
www.facebook.com/kenfieldsphotography
www.facebook.com/MauiIslandPortraits

kenwae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009   #6
Llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwae View Post
avocado and pickles.....ummmm, think I'll pass on that one. But, we've made avocado smoothies....yummmmm.

Never know until ya try

Flickr
Old 09-29-2009   #7
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 910905
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewk View Post
Never know until ya try
Well, if it should come my way, I'll give it a try....but, I'm not going out to buy pickles to eat with my avocado...

website portals:
www.facebook.com/kenfieldsphotography
www.facebook.com/MauiIslandPortraits

kenwae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009   #8
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMitchell View Post
ohhhhhhhhh,, that's gross Tom

However, It is awesome in a pita pocket with sprouts, monterey cheese, onions and boiled chicken.... yum...
Try it. You'll like it!

And I will agree with the pita pocket picklings, though the term boiled chicken sounds funny.
Old 09-29-2009   #9
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 13427

Seriously Tom... A veggie with ice cream ? I just don't know about that... Perhaps I will be brave enough to try it someday. Well. technically it is a fruit... I will give ya that...

Boiled chicken... you just buy chicken tenders and boil them in water, then chop it up and throw it in the pita.. or you can pan fry and that taste good too..

Kat
KatMitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009   #10
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMitchell View Post
Seriously Tom... A veggie with ice cream ? I just don't know about that... Perhaps I will be brave enough to try it someday. Well. technically it is a fruit... I will give ya that...

Boiled chicken... you just buy chicken tenders and boil them in water, then chop it up and throw it in the pita.. or you can pan fry and that taste good too..

Kat
Just think of it as avocado smoothie but real thick, OK? And yes, it's a fruit - kind of like the tomato.

I was just teasing about boiled chicken. We boil it some times then separate the meat and simmer the rest to make broth.

There's a town in California south of San Jose called Gilroy where they hold annual festival with everything related to garlic. I haven't been by there at the right time but I believe my sister said they even have garlic ice cream. I don't know if she'd ever tried it. I would have.

transcape5 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: