help convict an animal torturer (US only)
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2006   #1
Jon
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 56
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default help convict an animal torturer (US only)

We kindly request that you sign our petition to help convict a Dallas, Texas man to the maximum allowable prison sentence of ten years for brutally torturing and killing an innocent puppy called Mercy.

Details of this horrendous crime and a link to the petition are printed below. The petition will be forwarded to the Dallas County District Attorney's Office.

We would like to get as many signatures as possible from all around the world to convince the authorities to sentence the vicious animal killer to the maximum prison sentence. Please sign the petition and forward this to everyone you know.

-------------------------------

Mercy, the name given the 10 month-old puppy by Operation Kindness volunteers was rescued Friday, April 14 by a Dallas man as she was huddled in a wooded area behind an apartment complex in North Dallas.

Mercy had been badly injured and was bleeding. Her injuries include being kicked and stabbed multiple times and left to die. The vet thinks she also has chemical burns and she may have been dragged behind a car.

Veterinarians later determined Mercy had been doused with gasoline and then lit on fire.

Mercy was given a plasma transfusion, and showed some improvement Saturday, but her condition started to deteriorate Sunday afternoon and her little heart -- weakened by burns to over 60% over her body -- stopped beating.

Mercy died Sunday evening, April 23rd at about 9:30 p.m. at the veterinary clinic where she was being treated.

A 21-year-old man has been arrested and is being charged with animal torture for stabbing Mercy, dousing her with gasoline and setting her on fire. Animal torture carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison (as opposed to animal cruelty which only carries a 2 year maximum).

We are hopeful for swift justice and that he will get the maximum ten years. Please sign this petition and forward to others. It will be sent to the Dallas County District Attorney's Office.

CLICK ON THIS LINK TO SIGN THE PETITION...

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takea...ltl=1146511742

Mercy (July 2005 May 2006)

For more information about Mercy, and media reports about this tragedy, please visit...

http://www.operationkindness.org/Ani...r/ForMercy.htm

Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 278
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: help convict an animal torturer (US only)

Sometimes the punishment for acts like this are not severe enough. In all honestly I believe the same things should be done to this person, however only to the point where he can recover and have the process repeated. I would enjoy ten minutes in a room with him!
dean1401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 13
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: help convict an animal torturer (US only)

I am a nurse, and even as a child, I wouldn't step on bugs. At the bus stop, kids used to make me cry by pulling leaves off trees and then pretending to be the tree, "screaming"...Of course they also stomped on bugs as well. I have never understood the desire to inflict pain on anything; so of course, I'll sign.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: