The Camel gains notoriety
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2006   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 31196913
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default The Camel gains notoriety

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/381300

The Camel gets a boost

If it ain't one thing, it's another.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: The Camel gains notoriety

#1 or #2 on the nudie list. Yippee :

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles
#1 or #2 on the nudie list. Yippee :
What list is that? I missed it.
Chip
Old 04-16-2006   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1676
Editing OK?: Yes

what, we have pics of a nude camel? this i got to see.
Phoenix 100, 650-1300& Sima 100mm F2 SF
Sigma 12-24, 18-50 HSM, 18-125, 50-500, 70-300, 120-300, 1.4X 2x
Tamron 28-75
badpickev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006   #5
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1362

must reg sometime but think i will stay here

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, but a few electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006   #6
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 80

I can't log in anymore, don't know if it is because I haven't been there for a long long time or not. It isn't emailing me my password either. If the camel is getting notoriety for the glamour board it makes me not much want to be part of the camel because that is not the sort of notoriety I want an association with.

Sara
Old 04-16-2006   #7
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1362

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellette
I can't log in anymore, don't know if it is because I haven't been there for a long long time or not. It isn't emailing me my password either. If the camel is getting notoriety for the glamour board it makes me not much want to be part of the camel because that is not the sort of notoriety I want an association with.

Sara
I understand what you are saying but if we can bring the other boards up then I can not see a problem

stick around as we are getting some better weather here in the UK so you will not be stopping me and then you will be saying not more girl pics from Shortie - my girls

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, but a few electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006   #8
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes

Well the glamour section has been here since day one. Seems like 'Don the Mod' has done a good job of injecting some life into it. The quality of new members joining is also very it seems - a bunch of knowledgeable photographers and a very high standard of work. I certainly wouldn't associate that with gaining notoriety though - capturing the nude form has been a valid form of image making as long as 'art' has been in existence.

It would be great if we could get a similar raising of standards and throughput in the other forums. I don't think we can really complain if a section that's been there since day one is becoming more popular. It is also locked down and hidden from the general membership.
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006   #9
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellette
If the camel is getting notoriety for the glamour board it makes me not much want to be part of the camel because that is not the sort of notoriety I want an association with.
Sara
Frankly when the moderator of the Glamor/Erotic forum starts threads like this

http://www.photocamel.com/index.php/topic,7461.0.html

then I share your views - and I am a bloke
Old 04-17-2006   #10
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 428

I gotta say going in that I did not agree with Jared and Ellette but having read his most recent post I agree that he has a valid and serious concern.

What I wonder now is, is it indeed fact that there are a lot of lurkers coming on to just look. I can say that I'm very comfortable with the people posting actively and trust that they aren't pedophiles or rapists. We are taliking highly intelligent, very artistic people with healthy minds.

That still leaves the contingent of lurkers about which we know nothing because no one has engaged them in dialog.

How many people have access the the G/E forum that have no posting history?

Would it be possible to screen further by requiring an invitation or a certain amount of posting history before providing access?

Chip

Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: