NFL 2009/2010 season - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009   #11
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: NFL 2009/2010 season

Seahawks trade Julian Peterson to the Lions for Cory Redding and fifth-round draft pick.

Wow, who saw that coming?

-----

The 'Boys had and have more problems than T.O. doing his thing. Wade Phillips is too nice to his players, and Jason Garrett has shown that he was overrated as an offensive coordinator, unable to adjust late in games when his offense wasn't working. A lot of the talent on that team underperforms, and I don't see it improving without T.O. unless there's some drastic culture change in the locker room.

Quote:
For the 9ers, I'd rather leave it to our resident guru, Michael. Not only he goes to college in California he also photographs games (football and others).
Thanks, heheh.

For the Niners, I don't really see drastic improvement yet. They've been pretty quiet in free agency, which I approve of- given this year's free agent crop- and their signings so far have been for depth.

Brandon Jones was signed to be a deep threat, but he was never really super productive with the Titans (granted, look at who's throwing the ball). He brings speed and depth to the receiving corps, but I think he'll be too expensive for what he brings. Our young guys, Josh Morgan and Jason Hill (and I guess Dominique Zeigler), are coming along. Why not give them more opportunities for playing time? We still have the aging Arnaz Battle and Isaac Bruce in the mix.

Except for Bruce, when's the last time a free agent WR worked out for the Niners? Can't think of one recently? Oops.

I like the return of Moran Norris, upgrading our FB position, but I would have liked to see a younger guy get an opportunity. Leonard Weaver (Seahawks) is available, and he seems like a young Tom Rathman-type fullback. Rathman returned as our RB coach; seems like a good fit, but maybe that doesn't fit Singletary and Raye's vision for an offense.

Heck, add Weaver in the backfield with Norris. It's not like we have any other options in the backfield to carry the ball besides Gore. Michael Robinson is kind of a joke at running back, but he brings lots of value to special teams. Hopefully the Niners stop moving players to different positions after drafting them like they have in recent years.

Damon Huard is depth-related only. I hope he never sees the field in the regular season.

I don't really know anything about Demetric Evans, but we need D-Line depth, and a pass rush, and if he can provide any of that...
Old 03-15-2009   #12
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 3332465
Editing OK?: Ask First

Looks like we lost Haynesworth to the Redskins this year. We are keeping Collins though. Haven't heard much else about the Titans.
Old 03-27-2009   #13
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 820906

What do you think of Cutler's saga.

While Cutler seems like a crybaby, imo McDaniels (the new coach) is ultimately at fault here.

What's your take. Any Broncos fans around.
Old 03-27-2009   #14
Camel Breath

Quote:
While Cutler seems like a crybaby, imo McDaniel (the new coach) is ultimately at fault here.
Both are at fault. Trading someone is business, and Cutler needs to be able to deal with it. As other coaches have shown (i.e. Andy Reid), not all NFL offices are going to be upfront with their players and their plans for them. Cutler's making a good amount of money, and should be strong enough to handle some trade rumors. What's he going to be like it if there are rumors that he stinks or something?

Granted, McDaniels handled it poorly; he should have told Cutler immediately when there were trade offers made, and made it clear that the team was listening to them, not making them. Oh well... I'm sure the Raiders appreciate the spotlight being taken off them in the AFC West for a change.
Old 03-27-2009   #15
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post
he should have told Cutler immediately when there were trade offers made, and made it clear that the team was listening to them
Exactly. Not only that, but he should have let the Broncos' management know about his intention during his hiring process/interview. Maybe he did though, but we may never know about it.
Old 03-27-2009   #16
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9058810
Editing OK?: Ask First

Pro QBs, at least starters, have never suffered for a lack of egos and in my opinion it would have been a lot more effective if the new coach had not stepped on the ego as one of his first steps. Obviously Cutler needs to face the potential for trades or release but I think it was handled poorly by the management.

Mel
jhawk1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009   #17
Camel Breath

Buh-bye Jonas Jennings, Matt Maiocco's Instant 49ers
Old 03-27-2009   #18
Camel Breath

Yes! Finally it's official

Another of Nolan's signings is gone! An example of how bad Nolan was. Hey, maybe that's what Cutler's fuss is all about...Nolan being the Broncos defensive coordinator

Michael, what's your take on Marvel Smith's signing. Specifically his back.
Old 03-27-2009   #19
Camel Breath

No idea, I hadn't heard too much about him before he showed up on the free agent radar. If he can stay healthy, I don't see Marvel Smith as a bad signing, as he was a Pro Bowler....
Old 03-27-2009   #20
Camel Breath

Yeah, that's the big question (his back), especially that the 9ers medical staff are, umm, could be better.

aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: