INTERESTING QUESTION. - Page 4
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2006   #31
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 690429
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: INTERESTING QUESTION.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusingOnFlorida
How about some of the newer people? How'd you find "The Photo Camel"?
Yes, interesting question:

date registered: August 20, 2005... does that make me one of the older or one of the newer people?

I received a personal email (IIRC from AlbertP?) in which I was invited to join the Camel to help out on the Canon (compacts) forum, based on my DPReview Canon Forum(s) posts...

At that time, DPR, especially the 20D forum, was really 'nasty', so I welcomed the idea of a more moderated forum.

Soon I discovered that the 'traffic' in the Camel's camera-specific forums was very slow - in comparison - , which made me 'look around' a little more to discover the IMHO true value of the Camel: the various photography-by-subject forums )

*my* story, *my* 0.02 worth...

Kindest regards,

Max@Home

Canon PowerShot G1X MkII, Canon PowerShot G3X, some accessories (hoods, flashes, filters, tripod) and some knowledge to use them
Max@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #32
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max@Home
Soon I discovered that the 'traffic' in the Camel's camera-specific forums was very slow - in comparison - , which made me 'look around' a little more to discover the IMHO true value of the Camel: the various photography-by-subject forums )
An interesting answer Max. It's true that the equipment forums are not going to match the likes of DPR - but I don't think we should even try and be an equipment led site. Your comment about the value of the gallery forums is what I'd hope to hear. I'm sure we'd all rather have a gathering of image makers rather than tech-heads (though we're all allowed a bit of that - nothing to be ashamed about ).
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006   #33
Bob
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 15
Editing OK?: Ask First

I wound up here after following a link to JDArt's video on the Canon 100-400 lens. I belive the link was posted in a photography thread over at the NASIOC ( subaru owners) board. For a bunch of car nuts they seam to love photograpy as well because that thread has over 12000 replys-
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&goto=lastpost

Bob
Old 04-14-2006   #34
Llama

CamelKarma: 141
Editing OK?: Ask First

Does an invite from Don count
When GG went to the new system I joined here, this is a whole lot friendlier and nicer. Oh, and user friendly.
Can't remember the date but I'm sure it's on my profile somewhere. :-\

Now where did I put that thorn for Don's side.
Old 05-04-2006   #35
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 1887
Editing OK?: Ask first

Lorek invited me

I dunno if that's a good thing or bad thing , but you're stuck with me now..hee hee

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: