What PhotoCamel is NOT........ - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2006   #11
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 428
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: What PhotoCamel is NOT........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellette
Oh wow, I'd feel sorry for the men where you worked, yourself included. That many women though and that few men. Well, not going into details, but women tend to get regulated so that they are all hormonal at about the same time, I feel for those men, one week a month must have really been miserable!

I only had a problem once with sexual harassment (and the guy got fired very quickly), even with as many guys as I had around at all times. Mostly they wanted to take care of me and protect me, and I'm not a hard core feminist so I don't get offended as long as they don't talk down to me.

Sara
That's funny, you really nailed it. Many of my colleagues were indeed hormonally synchronized... but they knew it and were really pretty mellow with the men... but with each other? Whewww, man! Sometimes you had to keep your head down just to avoid being hit in the crossfire.

I learned quickly to have a thick skin because 100 women could be waaaay rougher than 100 men in terms of explicit dialog and innuendo. It's also interesting you mention sexual harassment, my boss was accused of it once but it never went anywhere because he had been at the place longer than anyone else and everyone knew he was basically incapable of it... it just wasn't his nature.

At a company function one night the Chair of the Board of Directors, a Persian woman, was recognizing me for something I did and noticed me blushing, then she made some comments about how easy it would be for me to remove her sari. I just left the stage and thought nothing of it. The next day I got several emails and visits from incensed co-workers, all female, about how I had a real case for a sexual harassment suit. It was trip. I never felt harassed, I've been working on her computers at her house before and she never did or said anything unbecoming. The fact is, she just had several glasses of wine and was feeling loose.

Oh well, I guess we're far enough off topic now, sorry again everybody... short attention span and all you know.

Chip

Ps. Ellette, how did your product shoot go?
Old 04-08-2006   #12
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1676
Editing OK?: Yes

if you are looking for love on a photo site, you are looking through the wrong end of the telephoto lens.
Phoenix 100, 650-1300& Sima 100mm F2 SF
Sigma 12-24, 18-50 HSM, 18-125, 50-500, 70-300, 120-300, 1.4X 2x
Tamron 28-75
badpickev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006   #13
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469544

I don't have to worry about it; I've already caught my limit.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #14
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 215

Boy you guys sure know how to take the fun out of it.
You're too late.

I've already found my love.

Attached Images
File Type: gif logo-1.gif (10.1 KB, 39 views)
http://gallery.heartsfire.com
Stormdancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #15
Russ Holmes

CamelKarma: 1583

That took me a minute. I read your post and saw the PhotoCamel Mascot at the bottom. :P

Web - http://www.focusingonflorida.com
MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/russellholmesphotography

editing allowed, comments always welcome!
FocusingOnFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006   #16
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 215

HeHe
Honestly I've been married to the love of my life for 24 years now. Sheeeeeeew dayam I'm old.

I've run Stormdancing IRC Chat Network for years now. It's a small group of family focused chat servers. Over the years I have organized many Chat Togethers.
We would pick a city, book a hotel and every one that could would show up. In the past we have done Virginia Beach, VA (137 people), Nashville,TN, Lexington,KY, Toeldo, OH, and Branson,Mo. We had great fun. Met lots of people. Never any troublemakers or problems. Various group would go off in each location to see the local sites, shop or just explore the area.

There have also been several couples that have eventually gotten married that met on the chat servers. Hey, I say, go for it. Whatever floats your boat. LOL
http://gallery.heartsfire.com
Stormdancing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #17
Jon
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 56
Editing OK?: No

Y'alls should see some of the PM's that Amanda gets here from people that never post.

So forward they make yer toes curl.
Old 04-24-2006   #18
Russ Holmes

CamelKarma: 1583

That's too bad. There is people like that everywhere. Maybe they can be removed as members if you turn them into the moderators, if they are being rude.

Web - http://www.focusingonflorida.com
MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/russellholmesphotography

editing allowed, comments always welcome!
FocusingOnFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006   #19
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusingOnFlorida
That's too bad. There is people like that everywhere. Maybe they can be removed as members if you turn them into the moderators, if they are being rude.
That's precisely what's being done. If anyone recieves a PM on the Camel that they interpret as inappropriate, they should forward that message to a moderator.

...send'em to me, I love to write threatening notes!

Chip

Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: