America, coming together
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 34
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default America, coming together

We can choose hope over fear
and unity over division
the promise of change over the power of the status quo

We can come together as one nation
and one people
and once more choose our better history.

Barack Obama, November 2008

Old 11-04-2008   #2
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 185474
Default Re: America, coming together

We shall see. There is much that gives me pause.

The die is cast. But I fear that people have let the well deserved dislike for W blind them to some very big problems with free speach (the fairness act) taxes on those that make jobs. How many jobs do poor people make? The non renewal of the bush tax brake, and the increes in taxes on large money will cause a flight of capital to countries with lower taxes. The spite Bush movement will be costly.

But it seems that the people want vengence what ever the cost....

I wish Obama the best. But I remember well all the things that he and the leaders on his side have said that they WILL do.....

I will stand in his defence, tho I strongly disagree with him.

Unlike those that lost to Bush.

edit- spelling
Thunder_o_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 34

I'm sorry, but if you are an American and believe in what America has always stood for and you are NOT celebrating tonight, there is something very wrong with where your head or your values actually are.
AlbertP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #4
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertP View Post
I'm sorry, but if you are an American and believe in what America has always stood for and you are NOT celebrating tonight, there is something very wrong with where your head or your values actually are.
We just elected one of the most liberal Senators as President. Even Clinton, despite his issues, had more experience and less "liberalness" on his resume.

I applaud that a black man made it to the Presidency. I wish it was Colin Powell, though, and not Obama.
Old 11-05-2008   #5
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 3293
Editing OK?: Yes

I wish it was Condi Rice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian.austin View Post
We just elected one of the most liberal Senators as President. Even Clinton, despite his issues, had more experience and less "liberalness" on his resume.

I applaud that a black man made it to the Presidency. I wish it was Colin Powell, though, and not Obama.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #6
Photocamel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I wish it was Condi Rice.
That's an even better idea!
Old 11-05-2008   #7
Bactrian

Location: That thin line between teaching middle schoolers to sing, and sanity...
CamelKarma: 5886

I agree - Condi Rice would have made an incredible candidate for President! And I love being called un-American for having concerns about the man that this country elected. Isn't that what everyone railed at Bush for - that if you disagreed with him in the war on terror, then you weren't REALLY an American?

I guess I don't know where my values are - but if hypocrisy is one of those values, then I think I'll be very happy with "where my head is"...

"...God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son"
- 1 John 5:11

http://www.petersen-photo.com
PetersenPhotography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #8
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838

Condi Rice? I felt all she did was stir up trouble the last 8 years. She was worse then Clinton's SoS.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #9
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 185474

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertP View Post
The first thing that my X wife would say when one of our children said something that she disagreed with is "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN?!!"

As I have said I have no use for the R`s, But I notice that it is the D`s that in mass work to shut down anyone that does not say the right things. ie
Politically correct speech, burning people in effigy, burning the flag, breaking in to meetings that people paid to hear someone speak, with bullhorns, throwing blood and paint on people, …. How often do the leftists riot in the streets? How often do the conservatives do the same?
The list is endless
The viciousness of the left is well documented.
It has been a rare thing for me to get into a conversation with a leftist and not have it degenerate in to them calling me foul names, rather than stick to the issues….
Something is very wrong with the American values of someone that feels that the principals in the bill of rights are a mater of convenience. And that goes for the patriot act.
It is foolish and dead wrong, to question the mental state and the American values of someone that is not celebrating the election of Mr Obama, someone that he disagrees with and has said he would support. You have much to learn from the one that you support. Mr. Obama spoke clearly to those of us that did not support him.
Sad that you and those like you can’t do the same……

edit- spelling and grammer.
Thunder_o_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008   #10
Photocamel Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhawk View Post
The first thing that my X wife would say when one of our children said something that she disagreed with is "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN?!!"

As I have said I have no use for the R`s, But I notice that it is the D`s that in mass work to shut down anyone that does not say the right things. ie
Politically correct speech, burning people in effigy, burning the flag, breaking in to meetings that people paid to hear someone speak, with bullhorns, throwing blood and paint on people, …. How often do the leftists riot in the streets? How often do the conservatives to the same?
The list is endless
The viciousness of the left is well documented.
It has been a rare thing for me to get into a conversation with a leftist and not have it degenerate in to them calling me foul names, rather than stick to the issues….
Something is very wrong with the American values of someone that feels that the principals in the bill of rights are a mater of convenience. And that goes for the patriot act.
It is foolish and dead wrong to question the mental state and the American values of someone that is not celebrating the election of someone that they disagree with and has said he would support. You have much to learn from the one that you support. Mr. Oboma spoke clearly to those of us that did not support him.
Sad that you and those like you can’t do the same……
Amen. Different standards, once again.

Come together and unite...but do it my way.

brian.austin is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: