Election thread - Page 73
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

View Poll Results: I am voting for/would vote for
Obama / Biden 72 48.98%
McCain / Palin 69 46.94%
Other (explain) 6 4.08%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008   #721
Llama

CamelKarma: 367
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Election thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Actually, my work has its own credit union. And to help do its part for economy stimulation, it is offering 12% interest loans on $1000. No credit check. So you dont even get the ding of someone checking. This is actually how I just bought my D90. will come right out of paycheck, which makes things easy.
That's the kind of thing that hurt the housing market in the first place.

Quote:
Well, lets give Obama a chance. If he totally mucks things up worse, Ill agree I was wrong about him. Hes got to clean up the mess before things can get going anyway.
I'm willing. But like I said in another post I don't see the optimism for the economy with him. he's not in office yet we know this "Change" is coming but the DOW is showing my it's not going to be a good "Change" the funny thing is on the 4th it was starting to go up at the time the market closed the race was VERY close and McCain even had a edge (at the time) It was at 9600 yesterday it closed at 9100 and today it's still going down. I know the last few months has been bad on wall street but with all of the Obama fan club I wanted to see just a little "Hope" for the market.
roncgizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008   #722
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4939
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
it is offering 12% interest loans on $1000. No credit check.
I just had a mini-puke on that one, LOL.
Old 11-06-2008   #723
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Actually, my work has its own credit union. And to help do its part for economy stimulation, it is offering 12% interest loans on $1000. No credit check. So you dont even get the ding of someone checking. This is actually how I just bought my D90. will come right out of paycheck, which makes things easy.
12%? Zowie. That seems high.

Regardless, it's actually EASIER to get personal credit than business credit. I funded my initial startup by taking out a personal loan against my truck. Banks want collateral or history (preferably both). After showing some profitable history, I managed to secure some small lines of credit. It's not easy, though.

Quote:
Well, lets give Obama a chance. If he totally mucks things up worse, Ill agree I was wrong about him. Hes got to clean up the mess before things can get going anyway.
It's not about "giving" him a chance. He's got it...or "officially" has it after the vote is certified by the electoral college.

I'm not impressed with his start, though. Rahm Emanuel for Chief of Staff? That's "change"? Sounds like Washington as usual to me.
Old 11-06-2008   #724
Llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian.austin View Post

I'm not impressed with his start, though. Rahm Emanuel for Chief of Staff? That's "change"? Sounds like Washington as usual to me.
I just heard Corzine might be moving to Washington as well..
If that turns out to be true hold on America we are coming
up to a real hard left
Old 11-06-2008   #725
Llama

So much for Obama's bipartisanship. It a telling sign here.. If the Dems don't like something they want to cut it out like a cancer.

"While I understand that Senator Lieberman has voted with Democrats a majority of the time, his comments and actions have raised serious concerns among many in our caucus," Reid added in his statement. "I expect there to be additional discussions in the days to come, and Senator Lieberman and I will speak to our caucus in two weeks to discuss further steps."

RTTNews - Political News and Chatter, World Political News, Forex News, Earnings Revisions ....
Old 11-06-2008   #726
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by roncgizmo View Post
So much for Obama's bipartisanship. It a telling sign here.. If the Dems don't like something they want to cut it out like a cancer.

"While I understand that Senator Lieberman has voted with Democrats a majority of the time, his comments and actions have raised serious concerns among many in our caucus," Reid added in his statement. "I expect there to be additional discussions in the days to come, and Senator Lieberman and I will speak to our caucus in two weeks to discuss further steps."

RTTNews - Political News and Chatter, World Political News, Forex News, Earnings Revisions ....
LOL...two days after "coming together" and they're already setting up the battle fronts. Classic.

Lieberman has been a pain in their butt for a while. His endorsement of McCain just killed them, I'm sure. I'd have love to have seen him paired up with McCain. Now that the Dems have a bigger majority in the Senate, they no longer NEED his vote. Payback time for abandoning the party!
Old 11-07-2008   #727
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 129
Editing OK?: Ask First

One can get a 0% credit card on purchases for over 18 months still. A thousand should be able to pay it off in 18 months....?
wedweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #728
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838

Quote:
Originally Posted by roncgizmo View Post
That's the kind of thing that hurt the housing market in the first place.
Its a low risk loan. Its a low amount (1k was the max), comes directly out of your paycheck, and probably if you quit/get fired, they just take the remaining balance out of your last checks.

Pay this off quickly, and I can focus on new glass for it.

Blah. didnt realize I cut that out. Thanks.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #729
Russ Holmes

CamelKarma: 1583

You need to put a "/" (backslash) in the last quote tag.

[/quote]

Web - http://www.focusingonflorida.com
MySpace - http://www.myspace.com/russellholmesphotography

editing allowed, comments always welcome!
FocusingOnFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008   #730
Llama

Quote:
Its a low risk loan. Its a low amount (1k was the max), comes directly out of your paycheck, and probably if you quit/get fired, they just take the remaining balance out of your last checks.

Pay this off quickly, and I can focus on new glass for it.

Blah. didnt realize I cut that out. Thanks.
It's low risk x1 add 1000 to it and the risk gos up.
The Credit union knows this is high risk that's why
it's at 12%. Plus your a pro. you're not going to buy
sub-par junk what kind of lights and lens are you going
to buy for a grand? after 3 years of owning your Studio
I'm sure you already have a 50 1.8 and the 85 1.8 and
some kind of lighting. but all of this is off the point..

The point was you're paying out about 40k just to the
feds and part of that could of gone to growth including
help.. with Obama in that 40k might go to 45k. Remember
his tax plan started at 250k then 200k then his Veep said
150k and I heard another Rep say 120k. by the time the plan
comes together it could be 60k .. We just don't know.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: