anybody excited about the Olympics??
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2006   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 52
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default anybody excited about the Olympics??

We have the cable guy coming on Thursday to upgrade from $9/month cable to $44/month cable, just so we can have better Olympic coverage! (We are rewarding ourselves with this since we'll be paying off our vehicle next month and will be 100% debt free for the first time in our married lives (11 1/2 years)! We sold our house last year and are currrently renting, so we don't even have a mortgage! But that will change in the next year, hopefully. Just trying to decide between Oregon and Alaska!)

Anyway...I look forward to figure skating, speed skating, downhill skiing, cross country skiing, ski jumping, biathalon, bobsled, luge...well, I'll probably watch just about as much of nearly everything as I'm able. I enjoy the Olympics, both winter and summer!! Anyone else this way??

Elaine

edawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #2
dc2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 290
Default Re: anybody excited about the Olympics??

The games I look forward to but paying the bill for hosting it erm undecided.
Let you know when I get the bill
Canon 1Ds2
I lost faith in religion as a child when I saw a lightning conductor being fitted to the local church.
RSPB Member.
dc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

I am ready for them. I certainly like the Winter ones as opposed to the Summer ones....

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #4
Llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauerman
I do enjoy them - I think that I prefer the winter Olympics just because I grew up in Idaho skiing every weekend in the winter.* It's more what I know.* My wife and I actually had a ticket package purchased to see a number of events at the Salt Lake City games and ended up not being able to use them due to the birth of our first child...our Olympic baby! We Ebayed them and someone else got to use them though.*

Although Bodie Miller's comments as of late "skiing wasted" drive me nuts!* Alcohol and sports could not be more polar opposites......to me at least.* The people with so much potential and talent squandering at least part of that potential to be on the bottle as well......nasty....

Jared
Too bad you couldn't make the Utah games, but for a very good reason! We had wanted to attend those as well, but our little guy was quite little and it would have been very difficult (not exactly fun!).
I agree about Bodie Miller's comments. Alcohol and sports can be a lethal combination, and talking about it like it's cool or no big deal is pretty stupid too! Hopefully he's more talk than action in that department. I like hearing about the athletes who work hard for and appreciate their talents and accomplishments. The Olympics usually unveils a number of those. I find them inspiring.

Elaine
Old 01-25-2006   #5
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 398383

Yeah, I'll be tracking the coverage. I find the Olympics to be quite inspiring. However, I remember
when I attempted a double "twirl" in our livingroom a few years back, it landed me in the doctor's office.
Thought I broke my ankle! - True story.

The influence of a well-balanced, well-ordered life is of inestimable value. . . . E.G. White
Kevin Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #6
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

Quote:
Originally Posted by edawn
I like hearing about the athletes who work hard for and appreciate their talents and accomplishments.....
You mean, UNLIKE Tonya Harding, right?

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #7
dc2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 290

I can never get my head around the guys *who are found to be taking enhancement performance drugs . Even if they get away with this they can never truly know if there better than the guys they beat.
Just a thought.
Canon 1Ds2
I lost faith in religion as a child when I saw a lightning conductor being fitted to the local church.
RSPB Member.
dc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006   #8
Llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles
You mean, UNLIKE Tonya Harding, right?

EXACTLY!!!
Old 01-25-2006   #9
Llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauerman
Tonya Harding - you mean the female boxer?

Jared
:P
Old 01-25-2006   #10
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by edawn
We have the cable guy coming on Thursday to upgrade from $9/month cable to $44/month cable, just so we can have better Olympic coverage! (We are rewarding ourselves with this since we'll be paying off our vehicle next month and will be 100% debt free for the first time in our married lives (11 1/2 years)! We sold our house last year and are currrently renting, so we don't even have a mortgage! But that will change in the next year, hopefully. Just trying to decide between Oregon and Alaska!)

Anyway...I look forward to figure skating, speed skating, downhill skiing, cross country skiing, ski jumping, biathalon, bobsled, luge...well, I'll probably watch just about as much of nearly everything as I'm able. I enjoy the Olympics, both winter and summer!! Anyone else this way??

Elaine
Yeah, I prefer the Winter Olympics to the summer games. Those crazy guys in the luge, and the other events involving fetish gear, are just great. Really. Snow and mountains are also a much prettier backdrop than a boring stadium.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: