NFL: The off season
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2008   #1
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default NFL: The off season

The off season is upon us so let's kill some time during this dreaded period.

Here are the highlights so far:
- Asante Samuel signs with the Eagles away from the Pats. Some debate whether him or Nate Clements (49ers) is the best CB in the league.
- Randy Moss re-signs with the Pats.
- Speaking of Moss, some say Favre decided to retire after he lost hope of the Packs getting him.
- The 9ers sign Justin Smith (big free agent DE). The move is questioned by some.
- Ben Roethlisberger re-signs with the Steelers, 8 years deal.
- The 'Hawks get RB T.J. Duckett from the Lions. Guess they are trying to ignite some fire under Shaun Alexander's behind.
- Isaac Bruce is a 9er now, after being cut by the Rams. He is one of Mad Martez favorite WR.

Share any thought about your team, or the league in general, here.

aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 19166
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: NFL: The off season

I heard the opposite. That Favre retired because it WAS a possibility MOss was going to Green Bay.

Isaccc Bruce a 9er.....That sucks!

Weapon of choice: Sony Alpha 200
Lense:
Sony 18-70mm
Sony 50mm
Sigma 55-200mm

www.myspace.com/tilltheybleed
www.facebook.com/ernie.bustamante
Inked Photography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 276
Editing OK?: Ask First

lets talk chargers football!!
we recently lost one of, if not the premire back-up, michael turner to atl! all the luck in the world to him and i hope he makes the pro bowl this year as a starter. "burner" turner was always a stand up guy here in san diego and im glad to see him get the money he deserves. we also let lorenzo neal go. lo' was one of the best fullbacks in the game since rathman and im a little worried how our running game is going to cope with the aging lt not haveing a lead blocker like neal to open the holes for him. i expect to see the charers draft a running back high this year.
Old 03-05-2008   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193

I'm at the point where I'm thinking of not watching the Niners for a while. An ancient receiver and a 4-3 DE? I know Justin Smith says he can play a 3-4, but talk is cheap. I'm sure Smith'll be a fine player, but will he be worth it? Nate Clements is certainly looking like a bad investment, but when your D's on the field that much it's hard to be good.

Why DeShaun Foster? He was decent at UCLA, though he didn't perform to his potential in the classroom (he didn't slack off in high school, apparently), but he's been only above average in the NFL. I thought the 49ers signed Thomas Clayton to a future contract.... Michael Robinson and Thomas Clayton should be adequate for backing up Gore. The draft is real deep in backs too, so the 49ers could have found someone with fresher legs for less money.

At least the Niners aren't the Raiders. A huge contract to a perennially-injured undrafted DE who has yet to play to his potential (or finish a season, even?), as a replacement for Warren Sapp at DT? Oh yeah, and what exactly is the coach in charge of still?

Between Davis and the Yorks, the Bay Area looks pretty dysfunctional with NFL franchises.
Old 03-05-2008   #5
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inked Photography View Post
Isaccc Bruce a 9er.....That sucks!
I know. It sounds weird, doesn't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero rc View Post
we recently lost one of, if not the premire back-up, michael turner to atl!
You still have LT, don't you. So no worries there.
Old 03-05-2008   #6
Camel Breath

To Michael:

- Justin Smith: agree with you there.
- Nate Clements: No CB will look good if the guys up front suk. It all starts at the Line.
- DeShaun Foster: He came cheap, so why not. If nothing he can relief Gore.
- At least the Niners aren't the Raiders: Please don't compare us to the Traitors
- Between Davis and the Yorks, the Bay Area looks pretty dysfunctional with NFL franchises: Well, we are not the Traitors, and that's good news
Old 03-05-2008   #7
Llama

yes, we still have LT and he will be solid. but he may be starting to show his age and its nice to give him a blow every now and then, without sacrificing the run. if rivers was more consistent i wouldent bat an eye, but right now i think the chargers O' is built on the running game.
Old 03-05-2008   #8
Camel Breath

A decent RB, let alone a backup RB, is easy to find in the draft or free agency. No cause for concern if I were a Chargers fan, Rob.
Old 03-05-2008   #9
Llama

yes, and A.J. smith has the midas touch when it comes to the draft!! look at our secondary! even i thought he was taking a chance drafting cromartie in the first round, (guess which jersey will be the next one i buy?!?). this guy is awsome! and trading up for weddel! this guy is the real deal, and word is, he has a work ethic like no other! a student of the game who likes to lay hat on people! i cant wait for the draft and next seasons roster to come out!!
Old 03-05-2008   #10
Camel Breath

But you still have Norv Turner, opps.

Kidding

aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: