How's the knee?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2005   #1
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default How's the knee?

We need a knee report from the Brit.

JDArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: How's the knee?

No knee issue (the right cracks and pops like it has for a year), but my busted ankle is about 80%, if anybody cared :-\

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 65

You should start your own thread if you want to talk about your ankle. This one is about knees.

Only kidding of course.

Sorry to hear you have a broken ankle. It seems to have been a rough year for photographers in here, it seems.

Mike
Old 12-29-2005   #4
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002

Ah yes - the knee... Well, had the op a couple of weeks ago. Odd thing is, I wasn't told what injury I had and what remedial action the surgeon had performed until I saw the physiotherapist last week. Bad news is that it turns out I've torn my ACL (anterior cruciate ligament). I now need to decide if I should get it reconstructed from some other body tissue - all depends on how active I aim to be, and whether I can cope with the 2nd op (apparently, it takes a looong time to recover from a reconstruction op). I think I'll have to get it fixed though, I don't think I should be limiting my physical activities having just turned 43 .

Pretty fed up with it all really - I can walk now, but am very unsteady and can't run at all. Still need a bit more physio before I'm completely in the clear, but it's sort of heading the right direction.

Sorry to hear about your ankle Mr P, but as Mike said this is my knee thread, go start your own :P.
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #5
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

I should be banned from posting for a week

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #6
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jordan
Sorry to hear you have a broken ankle. It seems to have been a rough year for photographers in here, it seems.
Must be the curse of PhotoCamel.

Jay, stop playing with that voodoo stuff...
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005   #7
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 65

Pickles... after reading YOUR ankle thread and what you did to it, you should be banned for two weeks. Ouch. Knock on wood, I'm glad I've never had any broken bones. In fact up until last March, I'd never been in a hospital or been seriously sick. Then I had to spoil my record. The doctors all said I'm lucky to be alive, but I can't remember any of the 5 days I was unconsious when I got Influenza A and came home sick on day. My wife had to call 911 and have me hualed to emergency when she found me on the floor that night. The only thing I remember is 5 days later waking up with a doctor asking if I knew who I was, where I was and what day was it. I did know who I was. The funny thing was, during the 5 days they said I woke up, called work and cancelled a bit telephone migration I was in charge of and talked to my boss like I knew what I was doing. I don't remember a thing.

I can sure understand why Influeza A killed millions back in the 20's and 30's. It's a good thing my wife knew what it was (I got it from my dad who got it from the VA hospital) or the team of doctors that gathered were going to do a lot of very expensive (and not to mention sometimes worse than the bug) testing to see if they could figure out what I had. I'm sure glad my wife has a medical background.

So I hope you guys can get through this all. It can't be any fun.

Mike
Old 01-03-2006   #8
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022

<rant>

I don't understand doctors that don't tell you what the heck is wrong with you until AFTER the operation.

I do remember in Germany doctors pretty much treated you like you were a specimen rather than a human with a brain who just might understand human speech.

</rant>

JDArt is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: