IMPORTANT INFORMATION on Rat poison PLEASE READ
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2005   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default IMPORTANT INFORMATION on Rat poison PLEASE READ

I have made this post on a pet forum I belong.* I want to get the word out to all who own pets and have not ever seen this type of Rat poison.* Here is the link to the site for the whole story and my first post.* Pleas pass this on to all your pet owner friends so they may be informed.

As of today, Dec 20th, the girls have not started to bleed.* They are on the meds and will be checked for clotting times at the end of 4 weeks of medication.
Katz

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...2&page=1&pp=15

think it could never happen to your dogs ?, think again.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two days ago Nina had a strange object, thingie, in her mouth. We took it away, saved it though. Didn't think much of it. In the woods, on her walks she finds little toys and stuff. Today Lucee brought one in the house. OH MY GOD, it dawned on me that the neighbor was putting out Rat poison. I ran over there and looked and they were, all over his carport.

We called the vet, she said bring them in, in a hurry.

We have never seen any rat poison like this in our life. The squirrels are carrying it all over the neighborhood. The squirrels will die from this too, as well as cats and birds.

They were all treated with charcoal and now are on vitamin K1 for 4 weeks. They did blood ACT clotting time on Lucee and Nina (they had the poison in their mouth) and have to get another kit to do Ashlee on Monday. They only had 2 kits. I don't know what Lucee's time was, but Nina's was 1 minute 30 sec. And it shouldn't really be over 60 sec. The longer the clotting time the more apt they are to be bleeding inside. Walks only on leash, no rough play. They can't get brusied. So we have to keep an eye on them very closely. They worry if it doesn't clot till 3 minutes, then your in big trouble in a hurry.

We 'may' have caught this early enough to treat. We can only hope.

But the reason I am making this post is for people to be aware of what your neighbors do. We have a fenced yard and never let our dogs out unattened. We even go out with them when the go potty. We feel we are VERY good dog parents, and then this happens to our babies. We are sick. I am so worried.

Here is a picture of the rat stuff. They are big, like 2 inches long and an inch wide, green. We had no idea what it was till the 2nd one was found by Lucee, and I went to the next door neighbors yard.

Please keep our 3 babies in your thoughts.*

ThanksYou, Tom and Katz

tomkatzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 31196913
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION on Rat poison PLEASE READ

It's a shame that your neighbor is irresponsible and failed to follow the directions on the box. I've safely used this bait and it clearly states that it should NOT be left out in areas that can expose pets, wildlife, and children. Hopefully, your dogs are alright and your neighbor has the foresight to correct his grave error. His reckless actions have endangered your not only your pets, but birds, squirrels, and potentially children.
Old 12-20-2005   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: IMPORTANT INFORMATION on Rat poison PLEASE READ

Wouldn't the cops or the animal control officers around where you live pay this neighbor a visit? Seems like it would be unlawful to misuse poison. If they can't at least talk to them about it, wouldn't they be saying that we could all do it? Certainly, given enough of it, a man or woman could go down for awhile, or ever.

Shame.

Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: