So Why Don't You Post Anymore?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2005   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 65
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default So Why Don't You Post Anymore?

Ok. So why has the posts slowed down? Bored? Tired of it all? Can't get on the site from work anymore? Fess up and check all that apply.

Mike

mikej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 31196913
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: So Why Don't You Post Anymore?

We're supposed to post?
Old 11-19-2005   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 59

I just simply don't have much time right now due to my responsibilities to my daughter at home and I am very far behind on editing and this is a very busy time for me at work as well. I really wish I had more time to post here as I really miss this site and I want to be able to post fairly. I do come in and out and see what has been going on as much as possible, but sometimes its so overwhelming as I miss a lot that I just don't have time to go through all the pages of threads. Soon, I will be back and spend a lot more time here.

Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005   #4
Llama

CamelKarma: 52

I've been checking in, but holiday committments and a possible out-of-state move for my family has been consuming my mind and time, so my posts have been limited as of late. I think my available time to post will go through cycles as life presents new situations and challenges. My time to take photos has also been limited, but I look forward to more shooting and sharing and checking out what others are sharing in the near future!

Elaine
Old 11-20-2005   #5
Dromedary

Yea, real life does seem to get in the way some times... kind of like the need to make money for family, housing and food.

Thanks for taking the time to post that, Michele and Elaine.

Mike
Old 11-21-2005   #6
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207

Well, maybe not the #1 poster, but at least on the first page of most frequent posters.

Hm-m-m...looks like I made it. Maybe I'll slow down now (not!)
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #7
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 16

Personally, I really dislike the orange theme, so when the other themes broke (or were removed) I started hanging around less.

I'm still posting occasionally, though... well, like now

Cheers,

Tim.
timjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #8
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes

Good poll Mike.

It seems that currently I'm the nbr 1 poster, but thankfully dc2 is coming up fast on the inside, so I hope to remove the weight of this title soon .

It has gone quiet recently. As these boards are all about participating and responding to threads then it can become self-fullfilling when the nbr of active threads drop. There are more than enough members to make this board quite lively, but you do need to make the effort to post for that to happen. If all the lurkers and guests were to switch to active users then the place would start to buzz quite quickly. It's all in the hands of the members really...

Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005   #9
Dromedary

I have a couple of theories as well that I did not put on the poll because even though I was serious about the poll I didn't want to be TOO serious. I think there are several reasons and combined, they have created a sharp drop off.

Mike
Old 11-21-2005   #10
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 20
Editing OK?: Ask first

Slowed down due to time constraints. Work, photography and my son's hockey seem to have sucked up all my time. I still have hundreds of photos waiting to be looked at. I take a minute here and there to peek at Camel . I'll be back someone will have to make sure the novel continues.

Dave

London, ONTARIO
Email: dmacgee2@gmail.com
dmacgee is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: