Get well wishes for Paul - Page 4
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2005   #31
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Get well wishes for Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Funnily enough, I had my body mass index (BMI) taken as part of the pre-op, and I was just on the boundary of 'ideal' for my height/age. A few more pounds and I would be considered mildly obese, yet I weigh around 190lb and I'm 6' tall.
Going strictly by the BMI, the upper boundary for normal is 184 pounds for your height, but that doesn't include clothes. Technically, you are "overweight" (BMI between 25 and 30) but not truly "obese" (BMI greater than 30).
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #32
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 65

I can sure understand the problem in Scotland... it's all that haggis they eat. That will put meat on anyone's bones.

Mike
Old 12-18-2005   #33
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel1728
Going strictly by the BMI, the upper boundary for normal is 184 pounds for your height, but that doesn't include clothes. Technically, you are "overweight" (BMI between 25 and 30) but not truly "obese" (BMI greater than 30).
Oh well, I reckon I'll lose the 6 pounds once I'm active again, and then I can be back to a 'normal' weight :P.
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006   #34
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 21

Paul, how are you doing? Just getting caught up with this injury news and I'm sorry about you falling off the wall! (Love your photo of the wall!)

Old 01-12-2006   #35
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patzt
Paul, how are you doing? Just getting caught up with this injury news and I'm sorry about you falling off the wall! (Love your photo of the wall!)

Hi Patzt

I'm mostly recovered in that I can walk without a limp and am within a few degrees of full extension. I'm seeing my consultant in a week or so and we'll consider next steps. As it was my ACL that was severed the options are a reconstruction of the knee or just to leave it and be a bit careful about physical activities. I'm not sure which path to take at the moment - a reconstruction is quite a big op and takes a long time to recover from...
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006   #36
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 21

I'm so sorry, Paul. This is definitely nothing you need right now. Having been a hiker for most of my life (most of it done in the UK around Snowdonia and Yorkshire), I'm now suffering from osteo-arthritis in my knees and it's so painful so have a little knowledge of what you're going through as far as the pain is concerned.

Get well!

Patzt is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: