Get well wishes for Paul - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
 

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2005   #21
Bactrian
 
Location: Lowell, Michigan
Posts: 2,356
CamelKarma: 398383
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Get well wishes for Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Just to let you all know - the op was a success (in that I'm here to type this). It does feel like the surgery consisted of a sledgehammer to the knee, but apparently this is normal... Hopefully, I'll be fully fit in a few days time and out snapping again .

Thank you all so much for your best wishes, it was appreciated !

Great to hear... snap with care!
__________________
KB

The influence of a well-balanced, well-ordered life is of inestimable value. . . . E.G. White
Kevin Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #22
Dromedary
 
Posts: 1,411
CamelKarma: 59
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Get well wishes for Paul

Glad to hear all went well.. Take care...
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #23
Camel Breath
 
JDArt's Avatar
 
Location: Far out
Posts: 23,701
CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Get well wishes for Paul

They may still be using sledgehammers in the old world, but here in the new world, modern medicine has graduated to this much smaller device:



Causes less pain and healing is faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Just to let you all know - the op was a success (in that I'm here to type this). It does feel like the surgery consisted of a sledgehammer to the knee, but apparently this is normal...
__________________
Consider submitting your photography to Open Arts Forum.
JDArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005   #24
Dromedary
 
Posts: 1,547
CamelKarma: 65
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Get well wishes for Paul

Great! Don't over do it though and remember, there is still plenty of winter left to make the roads slippery.

Mike
__________________
Hillsboro, Oregon<br />Canon 1DMKII<br />24-70 2.8L, 70-200 2.8L IS, 100-400 4.5/5.6L
mikej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #25
senses working overtime
 
Paul Shields's Avatar
 
Location: Blighty
Posts: 11,241
CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Get well wishes for Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDArt
They may still be using sledgehammers in the old world, but here in the new world, modern medicine has graduated to this much smaller device:



Causes less pain and healing is faster.
Ah, but remember that here in the old world we get free universal health care for all, from cradle to grave :P. Actually, I'm not sure what size hammer they used as I was unconscious at the time (note to anyone visiting the UK from abroad - general anesthesia in the UK is applied via copious pints of Guinness, followed by being forced to watch re-runs of 'I Love Lucy'. It's cheap, but it works well enough. Make sure you're covered on your health insurance...).
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #26
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator
 
Mr. Pickles's Avatar
 
Location: Old Folks Home
Posts: 23,276
CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Get well wishes for Paul

Well here in the new world, we eat more processed food and drink less red wine than the old worlders, so we getter more over-weight, which is harder ont he knees, which blow out more often, so our doctors use fancy, more modern tools rather than a hammer like in the old world. of course, since we are more over-weight, it is the american way to charge for being over-weight, thus no national health coverage. We'd rather spread the joy to lots of carriers, some good and bad, kind of like photo vendors, come to think of it.

If you were here, they'd probably use a knee cap remover, or a ligament puller, or a cartliage cutter. It could be worse. You could have needed a rib spreader, of course if your doc was using a rib spreader on a knee injury, lets just say you got the wrong doctor, but you cna get an attorney

Hope you're back dancing the jig in no time.
__________________
Olympus Full-time User
Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #27
dc2
Photocamel Master
 
dc2's Avatar
 
Posts: 7,050
CamelKarma: 290
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Get well wishes for Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles
Well here in the new world, we eat more processed food and drink less red wine than the old worlders, so we getter more over-weight, which is harder ont he knees, which blow out more often, so our doctors use fancy, more modern tools rather than a hammer like in the old world. of course, since we are more over-weight, it is the american way to charge for being over-weight, thus no national health coverage. We'd rather spread the joy to lots of carriers, some good and bad, kind of like photo vendors, come to think of it.

If you were here, they'd probably use a knee cap remover, or a ligament puller, or a cartliage cutter. It could be worse. You could have needed a rib spreader, of course if your doc was using a rib spreader on a knee injury, lets just say you got the wrong doctor, but you cna get an attorney

Hope you're back dancing the jig in no time.
Funny you should mention over weight only yesterday on the news it was reported that Scotland had the most obese children in the world .
__________________
Feel free to edit any of my photos
All comments welcome and appreciated
London England
Canon 1Ds2
I lost faith in religion as a child when I saw a lightning conductor being fitted to the local church.
RSPB Member.
dc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #28
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master
 
ohenry's Avatar
 
Location: Medford OR
Posts: 6,753
CamelKarma: 31196913
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Get well wishes for Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc2
Funny you should mention over weight only yesterday on the news it was reported that Scotland had the most obese children in the world .
I would have thought the US held that distinction.
__________________
-----
If it ain't one thing, it's another.
ohenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #29
senses working overtime
 
Paul Shields's Avatar
 
Location: Blighty
Posts: 11,241
CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Get well wishes for Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohenry
I would have thought the US held that distinction.
The following link says that Scottish children are among the most obese in the world.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051213/...in_scotland_dc

and this link has the top 4 countries with the most obese children as Malta, USA, England and Canada

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medi...p?newsid=23248

I think obesity is pretty much an epidemic in most of the western world, which doesn't surprise me when you look at the types of diet and lack of exercise a lot of us are guilty of (young and old). Funnily enough, I had my body mass index (BMI) taken as part of the pre-op, and I was just on the boundary of 'ideal' for my height/age. A few more pounds and I would be considered mildly obese, yet I weigh around 190lb and I'm 6' tall.


Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005   #30
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator
 
Mr. Pickles's Avatar
 
Location: Old Folks Home
Posts: 23,276
CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Get well wishes for Paul

Scottish kids are bigger than the US ones

Come on America. What is YOUR problem? Do we not want to be number 1 at everything?



__________________
Members don't see ads in threads. Register for your free account today and become a member of PhotoCamel to open up the site's many benefits and features.
__________________
Olympus Full-time User
Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »


Share this topic:

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E-1 images/ Paul Raist3d Olympus 7 06-12-2006 05:28 AM