just wondering
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2018   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 22667
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No
Default just wondering

is therapy or counseling thing effective for couples who are in that bad state?

Old 07-29-2018   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: just wondering

Can't tell without more info, and I am not sure you would be willing to provide them in a semi-public forum like this. If you are going where I think you are, I would understand your wanting a more confidential environment for providing more details, but I can't really supply one. I have no special expertise in psychological counseling.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018   #3
Alpaca

Well, it's not about me. Thank God. It's about my twin. I can go to general details anyway. So,ok... I caught her husband in a hotel with another woman. I called my sister and confronted him. He said he doesn't want a divorce and that the woman was a mistake. Etc etc etc the usual reasons. I do think he is remorseful and i know for a fact that my sister loves him.
I can't break them apart. People make mistakes, I know that for a fact. I suggested counseling when I read some article about it. Stupid meeeeeeeee
Mary Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207
Editing OK?: Ask First

Something tells me that neither your sister nor her husband felt like thanking you for this information. If they feel that they can't afford a marriage counselor and they have close association with a church, synagogue, or other such body, and they are still on speaking terms with you, you might try suggesting that both of them see the pastor/priest/rabbi for counseling.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018   #5
Alpaca

My sister can't go on a day without talking to me. She's crying all the time and I can't bear it. I know she still loves him but she's saying she wants a divorce. As for him, he is beating himself up, and I think it's a good thing he realized his grave sin. Something is up with their marriage - only the two of them can fix it and I know my sister has her share for this happening to them. It's not just about the affair.

I felt like one of these romance radio hosts who talk about love and marriage. hahahaha. Last night, I quoted my sister on an article i read from regain.

Your marriage will be filled with mistakes and arguments, just like any other relationship. However, by following a professional's advice, and by marrying someone you truly love, you can make the marriage last a lifetime. You love him right?

Well, there were waterworks after that. I can't do any more for them. They have to decide on this, I guess. I just want to know if what I'm thinking of pushing to her will benefit them both. I am stalking all articles I can read online about it, just to pacify my wild thoughts.
Old 08-14-2018   #6
Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel1728 View Post
Something tells me that neither your sister nor her husband felt like thanking you for this information. If they feel that they can't afford a marriage counselor and they have close association with a church, synagogue, or other such body, and they are still on speaking terms with you, you might try suggesting that both of them see the pastor/priest/rabbi for counseling.
Not sure about their affiliation at the present
Old 08-20-2018   #7
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 1229896

I don't know, are people wired right to stay with the same partner for life? Curiosity, sexual attraction and desire, the thirst for knowledge and acceptance- these things seem to be part of the human fabric, and in my mind, would seem to contradict the notion of settling down with only a single partner. It is hard.

Having said all that, I just recently celebrated my 43rd wedding anniversary. There have been plenty of road bumps along the way on both sides- infidelities, deception, and mistrust. But here we are, 43 years later, still together.

I have no clue as to how the human mind works when it comes to love....

Here is hoping the best for your twin sister.

Rick Waldroup is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: