NFL 2018/2019 Season - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #11
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: NFL 2018/2019 Season

Admittedly, I didn’t have to do much this year. Just double-checked the settings, updated the link back to this thread, and removed the 2017-2018 from the title.
Old 1 Week Ago   #12
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 820906

Still cool, Michael.
Old 1 Week Ago   #13
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 26034
Editing OK?: Ask First

In short... I'm legit excited this year. Usually I'm cautiously hopeful, but things are looking WAY up this year.
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #14
Camel Breath

Pro, you down for making picks this year? Hoping for better weather in Jacksonville this time around...

PM me your preferred email to invite to the CBS Sports picks group so we can track your progress if youíre interested.
Old 1 Week Ago   #15
Camel Breath

It's time for the The Ninth Annual PhotoCamel NFL Division Pick 'Em(TM)!

Yes, weíve been doing this for nine years now. Pickles won last year.

For reference, here are the results from last year: The Eighth Annual PhotoCamel NFL Division Pick 'Em(TM) (RESULTS)

How to Play

Please indicate the team you think will win the division. Also, choose the wild card qualifying teams for each conference.

Here is a partial sample, unofficial entry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane
NFC East
New York Giants

NFC South
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West
San Francisco 49ers

NFC North
Detroit Lions
This is merely for fun (and to potentially promote discussion), but winner gets bragging rights.

Please submit your answers before the beginning of regular season play at 8:30 EST (GMT-4) on Thursday, Sept. 6, 2018.*

These usually get submitted at the end of the preseason; I use your final entry once Thursday's deadline passes, so feel free to revise your answers up until the opening kickoff.

--------

Below will be the divisions are reproduced for your convenience, with teams in no particular order. The easiest way to participate is to copy the text below (use the quote button to preserve formatting if you like) and paste it into the body of your own post.

American Football Conference

AFC East
Buffalo Bills
Miami Dolphins
New England Patriots
New York Jets

AFC South
Houston Texans
Indianapolis Colts
Jacksonville Jaguars
Tennessee Titans

AFC West
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Chargers
Oakland Raiders

AFC North
Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals
Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers

AFC Wild Card Qualifiers:
XX
XX

National Football Conference

NFC East
Dallas Cowboys
New York Giants
Philadelphia Eagles
Washington Redskins

NFC South
Atlanta Falcons
Carolina Panthers
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

NFC West
Arizona Cardinals
Los Angeles Rams
San Francisco 49ers
Seattle Seahawks

NFC North
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Green Bay Packers
Minnesota Vikings

NFC Wild Card Qualifiers
XX
XX

AFC Championship
XX over XX

NFC Championship
XX over XX

Super Bowl XLV
XX over XX

--------

Please submit your answers before the beginning of regular season play at 8:30 EST (GMT-4) on Thursday, Sept. 6, 2018.
Old 5 Days Ago   #16
Camel Breath

Still need to get caught up on my local teamsí offseason (I still have two for the moment). Unfortunately, both have suspect ownership, though Jed Yorkís been quiet for a while after the Interimsula and Kelly debacles.

Of course, I have to look forward to the Chip Kelly experience at my alma matterís football program, so I guess I just canít quit him...

So far, the most alarming issue in the East Bay is Khalil Mack and the Raiders not talking. Scuttlebutt is that ownership simply lacks the funds to award him a new contract at this time, period (essentially, the signing bonus must be put into escrow, and Davis Junior is temporarily short on cash... actually, maybe heís perenially short on cash). Mack wants his extension now, as heís earned it, being their best player on defense (and maybe the entire team), so apparently the Raiders are now looking to trade him.

Iím surprised they couldnít convince him with a one-year sweetener and a promise to negotiate a new deal after tagging him in the offseason (no state income tax in Nevada, so deferring payments has some incentive), but I guess teams donít do business like that any more. Everything has to be long term for the Raiders, with the move to Vegas and Jon Grudenís 10-year-long cash grab already on the books.

Iím surprised fans havenít turned on the team, considering it is essentially the THIRD time the Davis family is screwing Oakland. Guess Oaklandís favorite hometown veteran running backs, Marshawn Lynch and Doug Martin, make everything okay.

In the South Bay, there is an air of optimism around the 49ers, and everyone loves Jimmy GQís Italian smile, but I think the team needs another year before contending.

Six notable injuries in the first preseason game and one in practice right after isnít a good sign, though it looks more like chance than a widespread conditioning issue (at least, I hope).

Still not sure whoís going to make those needed defensive stops... Richard Sherman seems busted, and no one else inspires much confidence.

cyclohexane is online now   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: