SNHU question
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2017   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 1471
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default SNHU question

I'm thinking of taking their digital photography course. Anyone else take one of their courses?
How was it?
Worth the money?
Did you get out of it what you wanted?
Would you do it again?

Old 07-04-2017   #2
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: SNHU question

I took the digital photography class in 2012 at SNHU. I finished college in 2016 and I have to say it was my favorite class--it changed my life.
I was a film hobby photographer so I had a grasp of composition, lighting, exposure…the general “must know” about photography, however, I had never used digital.
In this class I went digital and have never looked back—I haven’t even held a film camera since. Using that class as a building block I spent the next 3 years (outside of the college setting since I was still working on my Psych degree) educating myself. I eventually attended New York Institute of Photography and got my certification in Portrait Photography. When I felt I had enough experience I joined Professional Photographers of America (PPA) and opened my photography business. I have been in business a little less than 2 years now, I have passed my CPP exam and I am working on the portfolio for my certification through PPA.
So for me, I would definitely say it was worth the cost of tuition. I now have a psych degree, but live behind a camera. Hope that helps…

Last edited by flintlock; 07-04-2017 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: Only half the post posted.
flintlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 1471
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: SNHU question

Thank you.
Yes it helps. I am just an amateur and I'm wanting to improve my pictures beyond the simple snapshot.

Archer182 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: