The Camel's Back
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2017   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 487620
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default The Camel's Back

I had to go three days without the Camel. No matter which computer I utilized i couldn't get on the site. I hope whatever caused it is fixed either on my end or Camels.

heaterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 792881
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: The Camel's Back

Hmmm, I didn't have any trouble getting to the site.
Gregw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017   #3
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregw View Post
Hmmm, I didn't have any trouble getting to the site.
Yeah, it's kind of weird. Others I checked with didn't have any problems either. However two different computers couldn't get me on the site. I cleared my cache, optimized the hard drives and cleaned my registry all to no avail. I'm thinking that my provider may have been the problem.
Old 04-27-2017   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 11093068
Editing OK?: Yes

I had the same problem.

Dont cling to a mistake just because you took a lot of time making it. - unknown
Wcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017   #5
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcube View Post
I had the same problem.
Wallace do you use Xfinity for your provider?
Old 04-27-2017   #6
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

The only issues that I saw were in Firefox... you could hit a page, and do something and it would load a former cached version. I'd have to clear the cache on EVERY page I went to. We had one user who would get the login page, login, and it would refresh the page to the "log in" page, like they were not logged in visually speaking. But they were logged in.

But if you were clearing the cache, and it wasn't helping, then that is different. Not heard of anything but we had a lot of posts in those 3 days. maybe it was Xfinity...?

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017   #7
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 11093068
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaterguy View Post
Wallace do you use Xfinity for your provider?
Yes, that may be the problem.

Dont cling to a mistake just because you took a lot of time making it. - unknown
Wcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017   #8
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles View Post
The only issues that I saw were in Firefox... you could hit a page, and do something and it would load a former cached version. I'd have to clear the cache on EVERY page I went to. We had one user who would get the login page, login, and it would refresh the page to the "log in" page, like they were not logged in visually speaking. But they were logged in.

But if you were clearing the cache, and it wasn't helping, then that is different. Not heard of anything but we had a lot of posts in those 3 days. maybe it was Xfinity...?
I had that problem too - still having it, actually, and my provider isn't Comcast or Xfinity; it's AT&T. I am currently working around this problem by selecting one of the forums and clicking on the "PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum" link near the top of the page. Clicking on the PhotoCamel.com logo should do the same thing, but I haven't tried it yet. Anyway, while I am accessing the forums, it has been my habit to have that page open in a tab and refresh it every once in a while.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017   #9
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207

confirmed that clicking on the camel logo works also.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017   #10
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel1728 View Post
confirmed that clicking on the camel logo works also.
My problem was I couldn't even access the webpage. It's all clear now and since Wallace and I have the same provider I believe the problem to have been on their end not mine or the Camel's.

heaterguy is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: