Little Green Men!
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2016   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 750031
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: No
Default Little Green Men!

We have a gaggle of children in our neighborhood who are always out and about. We also have several adults in our subdivision who drive a little faster than they should and the potential for disaster is always at hand. So, one of the neighbors came up with the idea of making plywood cutouts of little men holding a flag, painted them bright chartreuse and every morning during the summer months, when school is out, and on the weekends, he places them on the curb up and down the street.

It has worked to perfection! It's hard to ignore these little "Green Men" when you round the corner and see them, with Old Glory waving in the breeze.

If any of you have a problem with speeders, I highly recommend this solution.

Dewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Little Green Men!

Except that where I live it is illegal to place such things in the PUBLIC roadway. They would quickly be picked up and destroyed by the city.

Common sense would tell the parents to teach their children not to be out in the street and if the children are playing in the front yard then perhaps they should be watching their children.

Idaho state statute 18-39 section 3.

(3) It shall constitute a misdemeanor for any person to willfully throw, deposit, or place, or to lose and willfully leave upon or alongside of any highway or street used by the public for public travel, any debris, substance, object or material that impedes traffic or creates a hazardous driving condition, and is punishable by a fine not exceeding two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500) or by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding six months, or by both.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207
Editing OK?: Ask First

It might work despite the state law if you ran this by the local police department and city hall first, especially seeing that these figures are intended to mitigate a hazard rather than to create one.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel1728 View Post
It might work despite the state law if you ran this by the local police department and city hall first, especially seeing that these figures are intended to mitigate a hazard rather than to create one.
That's certainly worth a try.
Old 08-22-2016   #5
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466

They are a copy of an already made product. The manufacturers of the product instructions are to put them on the edge of the driveway on private property rather than on public property.

If you allow those in the street you must allow any and all such prohibited items.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: