New camera
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2016   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 315530
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default New camera

I've just taken delivery of my latest camera. It's an Olympus em1. I'm not yet really using it. I'm waiting for accessories to arrive.

It came with the 14-42 v2 and I had to order the cpl, lens cap and neck strap from China.

I've also ordered a usb cable that'll allow me to update the onboard software (which does have a bug).

Combined with my new iPad and my soon to be refurbished MacBook, I should have a new photographic life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 05-21-2016   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: New camera

Congrats on your new gear.
Old 05-21-2016   #3
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First

Nice! We're a minority but I'd take Olympus gear every time. I just looked up the em1 that's a notch above the e450 I had. You will be very happy with your new digital setup!!
Infinite Prose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016   #4
Guanaco

E-PM1 - I got it from KEH a few weeks ago. So far I've just done a few test photos. I need to get my system sorted out so that I can read the card easily.

Naked Photogpher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016   #5
Guanaco

So far my no name CPL has arrived and it's good. The lens hood was poorly described and is petal style but screw in which is not what I wanted. I was looking for a cheap bayonet hood. Still waiting for my lens cap.

The great thing is I have a cheap and flimsy tripod as well as my good one and the cheap flimsy tripod works well with the camera. I like that as it means I can use lighter gear.

I ordered something on eBay today. I'm not 100% sure what it is but it looks like it could be a wifi file server. It's called a Canvio Wireless Adapter . I'm hoping I can plug a flash reader into it and read my sd cards using my iPad

Naked Photogpher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016   #6
Guanaco

Ooh and a photo

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: