Toilet Wars! Gone too Far. Stay out of Women's restrooms - Page 8
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2016   #71
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12371645
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Toilet Wars! Gone too Far. Stay out of Women's restrooms

Btw, I'm teasing you, Rick. Hence the winky faces.
Old 04-17-2016   #72
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466

Come on Rick, it was actually amusing. Break out of those right wing Texas bonds.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016   #73
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphonslair99 View Post
Come on Rick, it was actually amusing. Break out of those right wing Texas bonds.

Yeah. Hahaha
Old 04-17-2016   #74
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Lily View Post

Yeah. Hahaha
Lily, I think if you had used this emoji Rick might have looked the first time.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Old 04-17-2016   #75
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 1229896
Editing OK?: No

This is for Mr. Backholm and his Family Policy Institute:

D.O.A. - Who the Hell Do You Think You Are

Old 04-17-2016   #76
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphonslair99 View Post
Lily, I think if you had used this emoji Rick might have looked the first time.
Hahahahahaha
Lesson learned!
Old 04-17-2016   #77
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207
Editing OK?: Ask First

Gryph, a few quotes out of context does not prove anything, nor did I say that all great thinkers were churchgoers, nor were all the ones I listed were Christian. I knew that Einstein, for example, was not Christian nor was his religion even especially Jewish, certainly not Orthodox Jewish. I am not so clear on whether he might fall under the Reformed Jewish umbrella. I also knew that Mahatma Ghandi wasn't Christian and it does not surprise me that he would complain about the hypocrisy in the Christians that he did meet. In fact, the (intellectually) honest Christians feel most keenly their own shortcomings compared to Jesus and the ideal of Christianity. That should be abundantly clear if you have actually read the Bible, especially the Pauline epistles. Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain) was a satirist that didn't just lampoon the stricter denominations of the Christian Church, but also humanity in general.

Yes, there is hypocrisy within the Christian church; nevertheless, there is also a lot of hypocrisy outside it as well, possibly even more. It would be wrong to expect an individual Christian to be a particularly good person; only that he would be better as a Christian than a non-Christian, especially after a little seasoning as a Christian. Not an easy proposition to test, I grant you; but your broad brush indictment of religion generally is grossly unfair and unfounded. I suspect that you would like me even less as a non-Christian.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016   #78
F1 Camel

Scoundrel, If you don't like the results then don't play the religion card. As for the Bible i have read it more than once. A book written by man to justify a set of beliefs. If you had truly studied religion you would find there is very little that was actually new in the Bible by the time it was written and assembled.

The concept of a Christian being better as a Christian than as a non Christian is nice bit of propaganda to make a Christian feel better about themselves with no basis in fact what so ever. History has long been filled with non Christians who's life and treatment of their fellow human beings, based on their on humanity toward their fellow man, not on some Christian professed belief, that was an exemplary of example of the best of human nature.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flying Monkey.jpg (387.8 KB, 22 views)

Old 04-18-2016   #79
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207
Editing OK?: Ask First

I now know your opinion, but that is hardly the same as fact, especially considering that it is merely stated with no support - anti-Christian propaganda, to borrow your own terminology. The texts from which the New Testament was compiled were in wide circulation while many of the principals and witnesses to the events were still alive and available for interview. There are also events reported that were no doubt embarrassing to the disciples and would not have been liely to be reported in a fabricated story. Proper support, of course, would require a missive that would make one of Ed Shapiro's look like a Twitter message, which wouldn't be worth neither the writer's nor the reader's time. Al (Meadowlark) is right: you clearly have your own strongly-held opinion, as do I, so further discussion of this topic is profitless.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: