Toilet Wars! Gone too Far. Stay out of Women's restrooms - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2016   #11
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 60523190
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Toilet Wars! Gone too Far. Stay out of Women's restrooms

Aaron Tippin once said, "You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything".

It is supposed to be a democracy where the people say what they want through their representatives and the laws get passed , well supposed to get passed on the will of the people. The majority. And I do not want this to turn negative or political but, that is the way this country is supposed to be.
The people have spoken, the governor and the powers that be made it impossible for this to go through. Now outside powers are stepping in with lawsuits and threatening to boycott coming here.

I love my state. Proud of it. If you do not like our beliefs and do not want to come here, by all means. You don't have to. And I don't have to look at all the litter you leave behind when you leave where I "live" and you just want to visit.

God made you the way you are. Yes doctors can change some of that if you are unhappy with yourself. But don't force your ideals on everyone else. Go in the bathroom and shut the stall door and there is your privacy. But to make "everyone" change for a few, is crazy and stupid. Spoc said it best, "The needs of the many, outweighs the needs of the few".

We have more pressing matters to deal with than foolishness like this. Anyone ever heard of ISIS? World hunger?

Love you all.

Peace out

52 weeks completed "completed"
pete's-try-at-a-365 "Completed"
P & A Photos Flickr
P & A Photos Photobucket
I live in the Land of the Free because of the Brave!
PeteD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016   #12
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 1229896
Editing OK?: No

You know, Pete, every now and then, majority rule becomes mob rule, and the rights of minorities and those that are different from you, fall by the wayside.

I live in a state that is a national embarrassment on many levels. It is much easier for some folks to ignore rational and progressive thinking and fear what they do not know and what they do not understand. It is the same with the numerous religious freedom laws that are popping up in several states. I laugh at how these folks claim to be discriminated against because of the religious beliefs, and in the meantime, pass laws to discriminate against others. It is amazing how ignorance and bigotry has become acceptable, and what is worse, protected by law.
Old 04-11-2016   #13
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525
Editing OK?: Yes

As a person with transgender friends and family, the key here is ignorance. We're not talking about people who CHOOSE to dress differently. We're talking about people who were born with hardware and software that are mismatched - from birth.

It is a very difficult situation for a person to be in. It can sometimes take a person a very long time to understand what's really going on. When you have no point of reference but your own it can be difficult to debug.

It isn't something I can claim to understand. I don't think you really could without having gone through it yourself. It is a situation I respect though. It is difficult and painful, both physically and emotionally. Nobody would CHOOSE to go there.

You don't have to understand something to respect it.

It's being talked about like you can pick a transgender person out of a crowd. Most of the time, that's not the case. Meet the models signed to New York's Trans Models transgender fashion agency | Daily Mail Online

No legislation is going to prevent some perv from hiding in a restroom. The people being targeted just need to pee.
zemlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016   #14
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No

What i find strange, borderline funny, is that Americans think they have a democracy.

Sure, you can make as much fun of the highest officials, but that does not mean you have a democracy. Democracy means the power of the people. People design the life they want, then make that life happen.

Making fun of a government official's underwear does not, and I repeat, doesn't not make democracy. A comedy show perhaps, but not a democracy.
Old 04-11-2016   #15
Camel Breath

I understand and respect that people are different. Not a problem to me at all. I love the fact that people are different.

But don't force it on me. This is just like all the other craziness that has went on the past couple years. People that do not live here want to try to change the way we live here. If you are not happy with it, stay out.

You can ot please everyone. That is partly why government is so big now. Trying to come up with laws and programs to please everyone. You can not do it.

But there is a simple solution. Make all bathrooms single stalls and all of them family oriented. Anyone can go in them. Just put a lock on it so the one using it can feel safe and private. Only problem is, the lines will be too long at stadiums, airports, malls, etc.......Then they (meaning all the ones that wanted it changed ) will be whining about it taking too long.

That is why I stated the majority should rule in a situation like this. No one was whining about being discriminated against before all this started. And, all the ones complaining now had no issues using the bathroom before.

I am just simply saying there are bigger and better things to waste our government money on and courts time than this.

All they have to do is put it up for a vote statewide. Whatever the outcome, is the outcome. The people will have spoken. Not leave it up to our local government or some outside entity to decide what is best for "all" of us.

What about me? I may feel offended going in and seeing someone in a dress or what have you (just a crude example) washing their hands looking at me in the mirror (may or may not be, but it is in the back of your mind) while I stand there at the urinal. What about my rights? What about my feelings?

just saying

P & A Photos Flickr
P & A Photos Photobucket
Old 04-11-2016   #16
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemlin View Post
It's being talked about like you can pick a transgender person out of a crowd. Most of the time, that's not the case.
Exactly. That is why I do not understand all the issues they state about being discriminated against. If no one knows, who is saying anything to them?

No one.

P & A Photos Flickr
P & A Photos Photobucket
Old 04-11-2016   #17
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9058810
Editing OK?: Ask First

I also live in a State run by religious zealots financed by the 1% of the wealth of America. One of which is located in my home town. I see a legislature and a governor which are more concerned with keeping the gender of a person as that in which he/she was born than solving school aid problems. We are in the midst of having that discussion of shutting schools down early and doing away with popular programs so that people can be sure of the gender of a person. Our State leaders scream for tighter voting laws and have successfully been able to get a plea in one potential voting fraud case and that was of a Republican male who lived in two States and thought he could vote for local candidates one place and national in another. Our leaders call for rights of the majority evangelical Christians but want to deny other religions the right to even enter our State as immigrants. The leaders also will not listen to the will of the majority and to adopt Medicaid enhancements. If people are so damned Christian, why do they insist acting against all that their purported leader Jesus Christ taught--love, turn the other cheek, help the less fortunate. I do not see anything wrong with the boycotts of North Carolina and if I was someone that made a difference, I would boycott them publicly also but I am just a semi retired former Republican now Independent/Democrat who believes that all humans deserve human treatment and just because they are minorities, not to have their rights trampled on by the majority. Trust me, that is what is fueling some of the candidates for President now--hatred, fear, homophobia, and jealousy.
jhawk1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016   #18
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawk1000 View Post
I do not see anything wrong with the boycotts of North Carolina and if I was someone that made a difference, I would boycott them publicly also
Why? You support them for their gender beliefs and feel they have the right to be who they are. Why do you then turn on the ones whose's beliefs are the other way? And not support their feelings and maybe religous beliefs? Trying to harm them monetarily to "force" them to change . That is a form of discrimination itself.

And no one is trampleing on anyone's rights. You have the "right" to use the bathroom. So use it. Go in, do what you got to do, wash and leave. You don't have to tell anyone who or what you are. Just like when I go in, I'm not going to announce I got to take a crap. I just go in and do it.

I am a Christian. I love all people. You can have your beliefs and I can have mine. Just leave me alone, I will leave you alone. So much of my tax money goes to helping the less fortunate through programs, local shelter, and so on. I also donate to the church, food bank and several organizations. Does that make me better than anyone? Nope. Makes me equal. But the Bible also says marriage is between a man and a woman,,,,,,,,so let's just leave the bible and Christians out of it.

Could care less about the president or any politician for that matter. I learned a long time ago. If you will lie, you will cheat. If you cheat, you will steal. They all do that.

I agree with everyone about this though. A perv, will do what he is going to do. No matter what sign is on the door. But, why give him the key to the door? That's like letting a bank robber in the bank by himself with everything open and no one else in there. Surely he won't be tempted?

P & A Photos Flickr
P & A Photos Photobucket
Old 04-11-2016   #19
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawk1000 View Post
I also live in a State run by religious zealots financed by the 1% of the wealth of America. One of which is located in my home town. I see a legislature and a governor which are more concerned with keeping the gender of a person as that in which he/she was born than solving school aid problems. We are in the midst of having that discussion of shutting schools down early and doing away with popular programs so that people can be sure of the gender of a person. Our State leaders scream for tighter voting laws and have successfully been able to get a plea in one potential voting fraud case and that was of a Republican male who lived in two States and thought he could vote for local candidates one place and national in another. Our leaders call for rights of the majority evangelical Christians but want to deny other religions the right to even enter our State as immigrants. The leaders also will not listen to the will of the majority and to adopt Medicaid enhancements. If people are so damned Christian, why do they insist acting against all that their purported leader Jesus Christ taught--love, turn the other cheek, help the less fortunate. I do not see anything wrong with the boycotts of North Carolina and if I was someone that made a difference, I would boycott them publicly also but I am just a semi retired former Republican now Independent/Democrat who believes that all humans deserve human treatment and just because they are minorities, not to have their rights trampled on by the majority. Trust me, that is what is fueling some of the candidates for President now--hatred, fear, homophobia, and jealousy.
Gee let me guess, could this be Kansas?

Now I know why Dorthy left.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016   #20
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Waldroup View Post
You know, Pete, every now and then, majority rule becomes mob rule, and the rights of minorities and those that are different from you, fall by the wayside.

I live in a state that is a national embarrassment on many levels. It is much easier for some folks to ignore rational and progressive thinking and fear what they do not know and what they do not understand. It is the same with the numerous religious freedom laws that are popping up in several states. I laugh at how these folks claim to be discriminated against because of the religious beliefs, and in the meantime, pass laws to discriminate against others. It is amazing how ignorance and bigotry has become acceptable, and what is worse, protected by law.
I believe there was a sign change to reflect your exact feelings.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: