To your good health
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2014   #1
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 236397
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default To your good health

The Truth About Cancer
11 free episodes airing this weekend at:
Replay Marathon The Quest For The Cures...Continues | The Truth About Cancer

Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014   #2
Llama

CamelKarma: 3178128
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: To your good health

Do you have, or have you ever had, cancer?

I have a non-curable cancer that I've had since sometime before I was diagnosed with it in 2001 when it nearly killed me, and information like this is no small thing.

This looks to me like yet another scam to take advantage of cancer patients, their family and friends, or those who simply fear that they may be at risk.

The Disclaimer at the bottom of the web site is a big red flag to those of us who've researched this sort of thing, as I have for the past 13 years due to my actual ongoing battles with it:

Quote:
Disclaimer: The content of this website is based on research conducted by TTAC Publishing, LLC, unless otherwise noted. The information is presented for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose or prescribe for any medical or psychological condition, nor to prevent, treat, mitigate or cure such conditions. The information contained herein is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a doctor or qualified healthcare professional. Therefore, this information is not intended as medical advice, but rather a sharing of knowledge and information based on research and experience. TTAC Publishing encourages you to make your own health care decisions based on your judgment and research in partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.

These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
The information on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
This website, and others like it, are designed for one thing: To take your money by making you THINK that it can prevent or cure cancer, even though it MUST by LAW state in the disclaimer that it can do no such thing, and that you should see a qualified doctor, which is the ONLY valid advice you need on that web site.

This is 13 years and counting of actually HAVING and researching cancer, treatments, and scam-"cures" like this.

For those with such interests, here's a page that lists the gear I use: Buck's Gear

Life is like photography... FOCUS on what's important, CAPTURE the good times, DEVELOP from the negatives, and if things don't work out, TAKE ANOTHER SHOT!!!
Buckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No

[Didn't read anything in this thread].

To your and your family's good health

My brother will have a heart operation tomorrow morning (not very critical), so best wishes to him too.

May your loved ones, whomever they maybe (family, friends, or colleagues), be in good health
Old 10-25-2014   #4
Bactrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckster View Post
Do you have, or have you ever had, cancer?

I have a non-curable cancer that I've had since sometime before I was diagnosed with it in 2001 when it nearly killed me, and information like this is no small thing.

This looks to me like yet another scam to take advantage of cancer patients, their family and friends, or those who simply fear that they may be at risk.

The Disclaimer at the bottom of the web site is a big red flag to those of us who've researched this sort of thing, as I have for the past 13 years due to my actual ongoing battles with it:

This website, and others like it, are designed for one thing: To take your money by making you THINK that it can prevent or cure cancer, even though it MUST by LAW state in the disclaimer that it can do no such thing, and that you should see a qualified doctor, which is the ONLY valid advice you need on that web site.

This is 13 years and counting of actually HAVING and researching cancer, treatments, and scam-"cures" like this.
First, I read the majority of your cancer blog and I'm glad you're beating it. I wish you continued health. Now I'll address your statements in order.

Your first question isn't relevant. Having or not having cancer is not a pre-requisite to posting information that could be beneficial to others.

You're right: No small thing. That's why it should be viewed by those w/open minds that want to learn: healthy or otherwise.

Purely speculation on your part. You obviously watched little if any before making your biased presumption.

The disclaimer isn't a "Red Flag", it should be expected. The researched info is presented by a publishing co. whom obviously aren't doctors and can't misrepresent themselves. You see similar responses here w/copyright issues. Responses don't come in official capacity.

These people are so greedy and corrupt-sarcasm-that they're showing the whole series for free all weekend. Not to mention the free episodes which aired the previous 11 nights.

So once again YOU contend that everything presented is a fraud. Never mind the fact that your 13 years of research and no medical qualification carry more validity than the shows researchers, scientists, Ph. D's, MD's and other survivors. To dissuade another person of information that could possibly help them is pure travesty. The people here are smart enough and mature enough to make decisions on the information presented. Further rebuttal is pointless. Good evening.
Old 10-25-2014   #5
Llama

You can say that my time WITH cancer that has caused a GREAT interest in me to do all the research I have, and to consult with my oncologists over the years about it all doesn't count, if that makes you happy.

But 13 years of looking, reading, viewing, hearing, researching similar claims made by similar claimants means that I don't have to go through all of it to recognize it as yet another scam. I've gone through tons of them already. How many times do you have to research f stop before you recognize the difference in a photo between f/2.8 and f/32? Spend the next 13 years on it like your very LIFE depends on it, then get back to me.

Here's the problem:

How Quackery Harms Cancer Patients

The questionable website's main "doctor" / "nutritionist" / author, "Dr." Quillin, whose materials we are encouraged to purchase by that web site, got his "PhD" from an online diploma mill that was shut down because of its fraudulent practices. In Texas, it's illegal to even use a degree after 1996 from Kensington "University".

This is from a review:
Quote:
One such unscientific basis this book is strongly built on is the idea that sugar feeds cancer, therefore you should stop eating as much sugar as possible. Immediately, I was suspicious and started researching this basis. Yes, cancer does feed off of sugar, as does every other single cell in your body. Sugar is the energy source by which all cells function. The reality is that no matter what food you eat, your body breaks down every food into simple sugars to provide energy for all your cells. Unless a person is diabetic, our bodies are very good at regulating a relatively consistent blood sugar level off of any diet. So the basis that sugar feeds cancer is at it's core true because sugar feeds all cells, but this author obviously subscribes to some flavor of email scam that believes cutting sugar out of your diet will stop feeding cancer. This is not true. A person would have to stop eating altogether to truly stop feeding cancer, and that would only occur after malnutrition and death occurred. Certainly not the cure most people are looking to subscribe to.
These "alternative medicine" promotion sites that encourage people to buy their "remedies" and "preventative" elixirs and nutritional plans are known scams, and are an affront to real medicine and the patients who need the real thing.

Real oncologists aren't idiots. The many thousands of scientists and researchers studying cancer aren't idiots. If any of this stuff held water, they'd certainly run with it and advise their patients to heed it. There's not a single one among them who wouldn't want to be known as the person who actually found the cure for cancer. The thing is, they're not trying to bilk an unsuspecting public out of their hard earned dollars by selling them bunk.

A Special Message to Cancer Patients Seeking "Alternative" Treatments

This thread should be viewed as nothing but spam.

For those with such interests, here's a page that lists the gear I use: Buck's Gear

Life is like photography... FOCUS on what's important, CAPTURE the good times, DEVELOP from the negatives, and if things don't work out, TAKE ANOTHER SHOT!!!
Old 10-26-2014   #6
Bactrian

Quote:
Real oncologists aren't idiots. The many thousands of scientists and researchers studying cancer aren't idiots......

This thread should be viewed as nothing but spam.
BUMP
Hey,look at that: A real oncologist.
http://aboutjamesforsythe.info/ .
Here's the list of people seen on the program. A lot of them are M.D.'s .
TQTCC Hero Edition - The Truth About Cancer .

Buckster, when you prove that all or even a majority of these credentialed Dr.'s are quacks, you will have made a point. Until then, your posts are pure, unnecessary speculation.
Old 10-26-2014   #7
Llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
BUMP
Hey,look at that: A real oncologist.
http://www.healthgrades.com/physicia...forsythe-xnv3j .
Here's the list of people seen on the program. A lot of them are M.D.'s .
TQTCC Hero Edition - The Truth About Cancer .

Buckster, when you prove that all or even a majority of these credentialed Dr.'s are quacks, you will have made a point. Until then, your posts are pure, unnecessary speculation.
I'll do you one better:

When those quacks, with or without letters after their names, PROVE through ACTUAL scientific study and consensus and publishing that they're actually offering effective cancer treatments accepted by science and medicine and the FDA as effective cancer treatments, THEN they'll have something worth considering.

Until then, you and they can keep their refined snake oil pitches.

Old 10-26-2014   #8
Bactrian

Quote:
I'll do you one better:

When those quacks, with or without letters after their names, PROVE.....
Once again, I'm glad you're doing well. Figured you'd take the easy way out concerning your previous statements. Take care, otherwise.
Old 10-26-2014   #9
Llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony View Post
Once again, I'm glad you're doing well. Figured you'd take the easy way out concerning your previous statements. Take care, otherwise.
Yeah, the easy way IS definitely to say to people who make the kinds of claims about cancer that they do, "PROVE YOUR CLAIMS or GO POUND SAND", just as it should be.

Take care, and enjoy your day! Good health to you and yours!

Old 10-26-2014   #10
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 11678231

I decided to watch episode 7. I got as far as hearing that mammograms cause breast cancer. I didn't feel like watching any more of the lesson or any other episodes due to the fallacy of that remark.

I've been on both sides of the cancer fence. I was treated for the same kind of cancer Buckster is doing battle with. (I was cured in spite of the fact that Rituxan was still in clinical trial.) I had a traditional chemotherapy known as CHOP, along with alternative medicine. The most useful ones for me were the application of a restricted diet and the visualization technique, although many more were offered to go along with my chemo treatments.

I was also employed by a modern, high quality cancer medical group for the past 18 years prior to my recent retirement. One of the things I learned was, alternative medicine is a wonderful thing with the exception of replacing traditional cancer treatments.

A combination of traditional and alternative modalities is good, but at this point in time, chemotherapy must be administered in order to receive a cure. Some of our patients were received from the Chopra center, among other alternative treatment centers, but by the time they came to us, it was too late to give them a cure. All we could do was help make the rest of their life as good quality as possible.

At this point in time, the only effective way to treat cancer is with the drugs made for the job. Hopefully, cures involving DNA repair and other molecular biology treatments will be on the market soon. The doctors I know that are involved in this type of research are extremely hopeful their studies will provide what this society needs to cure cancer once and for all.

Specialized diets and meditation will prevent and cure many diseases, but cancer isn't one of them.

So Cal Gal is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: