Duck's day job - Page 7
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2014   #61
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 57846952
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Duck's day job

Great work Duck, really like the shading on #3 would like to see it when finished, Yes I have tats too.

Canon 80D - Canon 6D - Canon 500L - Canon 17-40L - Canon 24mm Pancake - Canon 40mm - Sigma 24-105 ART - Sigma 105 macro - Samyang 20mm - Canon 1.4 mkIII
Mark Lattimer-Hedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014   #62
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdt360 View Post
Do you have any real scenarios where someone with tattoos negatively affected your life?
Not really. At the same time, I have never encountered crime in my life either...well, except that time in Cote D'azure (Southern France). Ok ok, In southern Spain too. Other than that, I don't know what crime is.

Respectfully, your questions doesn't mean anything. It's like asking "have you been bitten by somebody with a golden tooth"

Hope that makes sense (it probably won't ).
Old 09-25-2014   #63
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6617978

Quote:
Originally Posted by aam1234 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdt360 View Post
Do you have any real scenarios where someone with tattoos negatively affected your life?
Not really. At the same time, I have never encountered crime in my life either...well, except that time in Cote D'azure (Southern France). Ok ok, In southern Spain too. Other than that, I don't know what crime is.

Respectfully, your questions doesn't mean anything. It's like asking "have you been bitten by somebody with a golden tooth"

I think what jdt360 is getting at is if there was some external influence on your life that gives you such a negative view of body art. Prejudices are often a taught reaction, either from parents or through some kind of traumatic experience. In my case, my early prejudice against tattoos were merely an echoing of what I heard from my mother and grandmother. It wasn't until I started researching the subject that I realized my prejudices were completely off the mark.
Tat2Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014   #64
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2Duck View Post
I think what jdt360 is getting at is if there was some external influence on your life that gives you such a negative view of body art. Prejudices are often a taught reaction
That's a very interesting point, T2D.

Come to think of it, all negative "reactions" are taught ones. For example, not to play with fire, not to mess around with electricity, and such.
Old 09-26-2014   #65
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 3654690
Editing OK?: Yes

That's not true.

You could learn not to play with fire/electricity by watching someone else get burned/shocked (vicarious learning), by direct personal experience, or perhaps by reading about it, etc.

Quote:
Come to think of it, all negative "reactions" are taught ones. For example, not to play with fire, not to mess around with electricity, and such.
Never argue with an idiot! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience..

Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/90957342@N08/
Erich1B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014   #66
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 2638122
Editing OK?: Ask first

Interesting series about prejudice... Over the top but interesting
Judging America: A Series of Jarring Portrait GIFs that Alternate Between Stereotype and Reality
jdt360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014   #67
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6617978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich1B View Post
That's not true.

You could learn not to play with fire/electricity by watching someone else get burned/shocked (vicarious learning), by direct personal experience, or perhaps by reading about it, etc.
I'm losing track here. Reading, watching and experimentation are all learning tools.

Aside from that, let's not dilute the fact that many of our radical prejudices are passed down from parent to child. For example, children are not born racially prejudicial to one race or another. Go to any early learning center and watch children interact with each other for proof. I'm also sure there are studies on the subject somewhere. That's how most prejudices about tattoos arise as well. That whole mentality of tattoos being for bikers, convicts and military men still persists. It can't be any further from the truth than SLR cameras are only for the pros.
Tat2Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014   #68
Camel Breath

I'm with T2D. I will also add social norms, which T2D alluded to. But before I explain, please keep in mind that I'm not in the US of A, so our social references might be different.

In any case...

Where I'm from, and I hate to say this, only people in the lowest so-called "social ladder" sport a tattoo.

Edit: Hmm, I thought T2D is from the UK. Must have confused him with somebody else. Sorry about that.
Old 09-26-2014   #69
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 2638122
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:

Quote:
I'm with T2D. I will also add social norms, which T2D alluded to. But before I explain, please keep in mind that I'm not in the US of A, so our social references might be different.

In any case...

Where I'm from, and I hate to say this, only people in the lowest so-called "social ladder" sport a tattoo.
Apologies if my questions don't seem to make sense. I'm trying to understand where your opinions come from.
As I understand it, there are middle eastern countries where religious influence may predispose people to their opinions against tattoos.
When I realized this, I tried to think outside my world and understand your comments. Cultural differences make the most sense.
To be clear, I certainly respect cultural differences and opinions that are formed based on them.
jdt360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014   #70
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes

Great stuff!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: