Duck's day job - Page 6
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2014   #51
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Duck's day job

You are a good man, T2D. Very good man.

I salute you.
Old 09-19-2014   #52
Camel Breath

Speaking of which. If I ever get a tattoo, which is never, it will be about Led Zeppelin.

Die-hard fan! Hard-core, baby!
Old 09-19-2014   #53
Camel Breath

Sorry to digress. For me at least, Led Zepplin is more of a religion than the religion I'm born with (which sux, btw).
Old 09-19-2014   #54
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6617978

Quote:
Originally Posted by aam1234 View Post
Speaking of which. If I ever get a tattoo, which is never, it will be about Led Zeppelin.

Die-hard fan! Hard-core, baby!
Here ya go...

Tat2Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014   #55
Camel Breath

Cheers, mate

Not the most flattering of pics, but the spirit is what counts
Old 09-20-2014   #56
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 2638122
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by aam1234 View Post
Ha ha, no. That's too extreme. I don't think anybody in the group is into that (at least I hope so )

However, maybe I am too extreme when it comes to tattoos, or the so-called "body art".

Let me give a theoretical example. Being a guy, if the most desirable girl in the world undresses before me and I saw a tiny tattoo on her body, I will run away as if a cheetah is chasing me.

That's an imaginary scenario, not a real one
If you don't mind, may I ask where you are from?
Do you have any real scenarios where someone with tattoos negatively affected your life?
jdt360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014   #57
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838
Editing OK?: Yes

Love tattoos. I know at one time they were seen as only seen on those of low class like prisoners, but Ive pretty much always liked them. They are just another form of art. I admit there are times, I dont like the final product, but that is my opinion. Most of the time when I see tattoos, I find myself wanting to read them/look at them and want to find out if there is a backstory to to them.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014   #58
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Love tattoos. I know at one time they were seen as only seen on those of low class like prisoners, but Ive pretty much always liked them. They are just another form of art. I admit there are times, I dont like the final product, but that is my opinion. Most of the time when I see tattoos, I find myself wanting to read them/look at them and want to find out if there is a backstory to to them.
Think of tattoos like a photo; there are good ones, bad ones, some tell a story while others are just for decoration. Some photos you like, some you don't. Some would look so much better on someone else's wall

Also like a photo, the really good ones will hang on a wall for decades without being boring even if they get dated. After a while they start developing a history of their own that supercedes any inherent quality issues. Kind of like having a framed snapshot that isn't the best but because of the emotional connection it gets lovingly placed in a pretty frame.
Tat2Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014   #59
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 7958959
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Not sure I always love them, but I do the same, wonder what the backstory is on them.
Old 09-22-2014   #60
F1 Camel

I find the back stories are never what I first imagined. Often they are deep and of a commemorative nature. But... Some are just decorative and that's okay too.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: