Camel didn't allow me to post because use of a watch brand name?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2014   #1
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2891
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Camel didn't allow me to post because use of a watch brand name?

In a post about product photography I used an example of an expensive watch brand name that starts with the letter "R" (Rolexes), but the site told me I didn't have permission to post the message even though it was 100% about photography.

As soon as I changed "$20,000 (R-Brand watch)" to "$20,000 watch", the post when through.

Maybe it's because the site looks out to spammers advertising fake Rolexes. We'll see if this post goes through with the name intact (maybe I had a hidden character in the name?).

I tried again using the brand name with this post, and again it wouldn't let it go through. I got the following error:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/newthread.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

p.s. It only happens if I use the singular of "Rolexes"...it has no issue with the plural.

Old 08-03-2014   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Camel didn't allow me to post because use of a watch brand name?

Yeah, it is a server side spammy filter that can be a pain in the butt at times, even for admins. Always a delicate balance between locking out the bad dudes, while still allowing proper posts.

Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is online now   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: