Photo pet beeves/pet hates
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2007   #1
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Photo pet beeves/pet hates

"How can I take great pics of such & such".

I don't know, but to be able to take "great" photos might need working very hard at it. Trying different things and for a long time might help. Reading page 37 or listening to aam1234 won't get you that "great" pic I'm afraid. It's a lot harder than that.

Do you have any pet beeves/pet hates.

aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 34
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Photo pet beeves/pet hates

Yeah, I hate it when the bullies beat me up and step on my camera equipment at the beach...

AlbertP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007   #3
Camel Breath

Another one.

The time it takes to select the focus point. By the time you selected the focus point the situation/subject has changed. Even if it's a posed portrait, that second or two changed the smile on the face of the person.
Old 01-24-2007   #4
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by aam1234
"How can I take great pics of such & such".

I don't know, but to be able to take "great" photos might need working very hard at it. Trying different things and for a long time might help. Reading page 37 or listening to aam1234 won't get you that "great" pic I'm afraid. It's a lot harder than that.
I look at it more as an opportunity to share my hobby and educate someone. Just like I try to take someone flying whenever I go up.

Quote:
Do you have any pet beeves/pet hates.
It's pet "peeves", btw.
Old 01-24-2007   #5
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by aam1234
Another one.

The time it takes to select the focus point. By the time you selected the focus point the situation/subject has changed. Even if it's a posed portrait, that second or two changed the smile on the face of the person.
Shoot faster and practice more. Practice on kids. The darn things never sit still.
Old 01-25-2007   #6
Camel Breath

Agree with you Brian about the kids. They move so fast and change direction(s) unexpectedly that I think it's easier to shoot F1 races than little kids. At least with F1 you know where the car is going.

And thanks for correcting my spelling, btw.

aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: