NFL 2013/2014 season
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013   #1
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default NFL 2013/2014 season

[Paraphrasing from last year's thread]

Ah, it's late July and NFL fans know what that means...yup, training camps! It also means the regular season is just around the corner.

As such, please tell us about your team: The expectations, additions/subtractions, your rookie class, or any major changes such as a new head coach or a new QB.

As customary around here we will crown the Redskins as the off-season champions. Right, JD?

Best of luck to all teams (well, maybe not the Seahawks ).

aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #2
Camel Breath

Default Re: NFL 2013/2014 season

For those new to this thread or to the Camel in general, I'm glad to announce that we run two contests during the season. A weekly one, which is a collaboration between moi and our highly esteemed lady, Lori. This contest is to pick the weekly winners during the regular season. All the hard work is done by our sister Lori, I must add

The other is an overall season prediction contest run by non other than our good friend, Michael. Here, you have a chance to show your knowledge about the NFL. Michael didn't call it Super Duper contest for nothing. It really is

Without further ado, let's start the 2013/2014 NFL season, shall we!

And best of luck to your favorite team.
Old 07-27-2013   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193

July! When the Redskins are the offseason champions and optimism runs rampant!

Posting from my phone at the moment, and I really haven't read much NFL stuff this offseason, but I'll check out our local teams (49ers and Raiders) and pick a several random other ones to follow this year. In years past the extra teams were typically the Cleveland Browns and the Jacksonville Jaguars. May have to change it up this year for variety's sake (there were years where all four teams were atrociously bad).

Looking forward to another fun season with fellow Camels!
Old 07-27-2013   #4
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post
Looking forward to another fun season with fellow Camels!
Me too.

I'm very nervous about the 49ers. Very. Have doubts about our QB. Losing Crabtree didn't help either. Oh, and Gore being on the wrong side of 30 makes my heart skip a beat.

But, I'm a positive person...GO 9ERS!
Old 07-27-2013   #5
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by aam1234 View Post
For those new to this thread or to the Camel in general, I'm glad to announce that we run two contests during the season.
Did I sound like a used cars salesman above? I think I did.

Ouch.
Old 07-29-2013   #6
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 26034
Editing OK?: Ask First

Marking this page for easier access...

Ya'll hear the news... Tornado in Jacksonville, they told everyone to head to the Stadium since there's no chance of touchdown there.

*Starts warming up his writing fingers*
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013   #7
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 107572
Editing OK?: Yes

Texans had a pretty quiet off season but they made some important additions. I think the biggest change is that we now have a true bruising full back to open up holes.

I am pretty sure we walk away with the division since the only real competition is the Colts and I think they seriously overly achieved last year. I think the Texans and the Broncos will have the first round byes.

I also think that San Fran made a mistake in trading Alex Smith. The Chiefs are going to be better than a lot of people think.

As far as the Seahawks, I predict that JJ Watt breaks Russell Wilson in half.

Who is John Galt?
Kerbouchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013   #8
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 115197
Editing OK?: Yes

Al I havent kept up much with football this off season I have been keeping up with baseball but what happened to Craptree, I really should know since SF is an hour away from me but havent payed to much attention yet.

As far as this year goes hopefully I can be on here more than I have been the past years I really like talking football with everyone but life always seems to get in the way. I will definitely participate in Micheal's game sense I think I have won the past two years but as far as the weekly as much as I want to I'm not sure I will because I always stop in the middle of the season for one reason or another and I hate that so may skip that one.

For this season my Bengals might have an ok chance at the playoffs this year with the Ravens losing everybody but the Steelers may still be tuff. I think in the end the 49ers will be tuff to beat as well as the broncos. It should be a good season though.
on388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #9
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by prohobo View Post
Ya'll hear the news... Tornado in Jacksonville, they told everyone to head to the Stadium since there's no chance of touchdown there.
Ha ha The best football joke I've heard in a long long time. Great one, mate
Old 08-02-2013   #10
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
Texans had a pretty quiet off season
Believe me, that's a blessing. Sigh

Quote:
I am pretty sure we walk away with the division since the only real competition is the Colts and I think they seriously overly achieved last year.
Sounds about right to me. Btw, lucky you if that's your division

Quote:
I also think that San Fran made a mistake in trading Alex Smith. The Chiefs are going to be better than a lot of people think.
Sorry George. Two sentences that are not logically related, as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
As far as the Seahawks, I predict that JJ Watt breaks Russell Wilson in half.
Hey hey, let's not hurt anybody

aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: