NFL 2013/2014 season - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
 

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013   #11
Bactrian
 
prohobo's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,938
CamelKarma: 26034
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: NFL 2013/2014 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by aam1234 View Post
Ha ha The best football joke I've heard in a long long time. Great one, mate
Can't take complete credit for it, saw it somewhere in my travels through the web... I just changed the city.

Word is we're looking good in the practices and what not, Joeckel is impressing people, MJD seems to be back and recievers/cornerbacks are all battling for top spot... though Shorts looks like he's got top, and the rest are going for number 2, with Blackmon on the sidelines for the first few games.

QBs seem to be in a dead heat as well... not sure if that's good or bad. Here's to hoping the beefed up O-line and having MJD back can give us something to work with.

Once again... cautiously hopeful... I'd say I think we're going to do better than last year, but we can't drop much further...
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #12
Camel Breath
 
aam1234's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,848
CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: NFL 2013/2014 season

Cool.

What's not so cool is that your mustached owner just bought a big chunk in an English Premier league team. Nothing wrong with that per se.

However, I recently read a couple of articles in The Economist about the going-ons in European football, and it's not pretty.

Rich people acquire ownership in those European teams for a reason. And it's not good reasons. Basically, it's either to evade paying taxes (very innocent reason), or for illegal activity (think money laundering).
__________________
It's all about light, my friend.
aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #13
Camel Breath
 
aam1234's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,848
CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: NFL 2013/2014 season

What do you all think about what Cooper said. I know you know it by now, so will not post a link.

Personally, I'm surprised that he is still alive.
__________________
It's all about light, my friend.
aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #14
Bactrian
 
prohobo's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,938
CamelKarma: 26034
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: NFL 2013/2014 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by aam1234 View Post
Cool.

What's not so cool is that your mustached owner just bought a big chunk in an English Premier league team. Nothing wrong with that per se.

However, I recently read a couple of articles in The Economist about the going-ons in European football, and it's not pretty.

Rich people acquire ownership in those European teams for a reason. And it's not good reasons. Basically, it's either to evade paying taxes (very innocent reason), or for illegal activity (think money laundering).
Haven't heard about it... but doesn't surprise me that something like that would happen... you know, rich people and their honorable ways and all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aam1234 View Post
What do you all think about what Cooper said. I know you know it by now, so will not post a link.

Personally, I'm surprised that he is still alive.
To me the whole issue is getting ridiculous, the whole "If I say it, it's ok... but if you say it, it's racist, if it ends in an "A" it's ok but "ER" is racism, unless you're white" thing to me is BS... but that's a thread for another time.
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #15
Camel Breath
 
aam1234's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,848
CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: NFL 2013/2014 season

Good point there, Steven.

Me, not being from or in the US, I have no problem with the word "negro". It means black. So what. A country is named on the color, Monte Negro.

However, I'm still surprised that Cooper is still alive, knowing American culture.
__________________
It's all about light, my friend.
aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #16
Bactrian
 
Kerbouchard's Avatar
 
Location: DFW
Posts: 1,806
CamelKarma: 107572
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: NFL 2013/2014 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by aam1234 View Post
Good point there, Steven.

Me, not being from or in the US, I have no problem with the word "negro". It means black. So what. A country is named on the color, Monte Negro.

However, I'm still surprised that Cooper is still alive, knowing American culture.
You don't think he hears that word every day in the locker room or at practice?

Just listen to any of the 'miked' up performances. It's not a taboo word. They all say it.

And this isn't coming from some racist white guy. My wife is black...although for the record, I don't think she has ever said it. And for the record, I most definitely have, to my black friends, and there has never been an issue, although that has been several years ago, and it ended with an 'a' instead of an 'er'. (Actually, just thinking about it, I did use the 'er' version when I was being sarcastic. Again, it was never an issue.) Think Brian's Song...usually ended up in uncontrollable laughter.

Now as far as if anybody ever says that to my kids, there will be blood on the streets. My kids aren't second class and they aren't going to grow up like they are...So I guess you could say that I see both sides of the issue, but I still think it is being blown out of proportion; unless it was my kids, in which case I am serious. I will jack somebody up if they ever come at me, my kids, or my wife with some crap like that.

But I won't pretend that isn't normal language inside an NFL locker room, but I also can't pretend that my feelings towards it haven't changed because of my kids.

If I ever hear my kids say it, they won't sit down for a week, but it's hard to be 'outraged' about some professional athlete saying it when I know he hears it every day. I wish we were past the 'us' vs 'them', but we aren't. I just have to start with my kids and hope others are doing the same.
__________________
--George

Who is John Galt?
Kerbouchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013   #17
Camel Breath
 
JDArt's Avatar
 
Location: Far out
Posts: 23,701
CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: NFL 2013/2014 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by aam1234 View Post
As customary around here we will crown the Redskins as the off-season champions. Right, JD?
With RGIII undergoing reconstructive knee surgery, the Redskins lost the off-season championship this year, which bodes well for the actual season. Of course, RGIII is the most exciting player in the NFL. Any disputes?

Redskins are picked to be big winners this year.

RGIII displays accuracy at Washington Redskins camp - NFL.com

The fact that I'm not boasting that they'll win the Super Bowl should have you all quaking in your boots.
__________________
Consider submitting your photography to Open Arts Forum.
JDArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #18
Camel Breath
 
aam1234's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,848
CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: NFL 2013/2014 season

Very interesting perspective, George. Thanks.

Knowing the history behind that word, what he said made me deeply upset.

From my readings, they say he was drunk, but that's not an excuse. What's worse is the way he said it. Horrible.

Edit: On a positive note, what "he" said at least distracted the media from the Hernandez "thing". Wish the latter to just goes away. It's a legal matter by now, not related to football.
__________________
It's all about light, my friend.
aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #19
Camel Breath
 
aam1234's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,848
CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: NFL 2013/2014 season

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDArt View Post
Of course, RGIII is the most exciting player in the NFL. Any disputes?
I was thinking about that in the last few days [before reading what you mentioned above]. I concluded, in my mind at least, that Cam Newton is the most exciting, if not most electrifying player in the NFL. He is so much fun to watch. RGIII is a close second [big fan of his, too].

Oh, and my guy, Colin Kaepernick, is not too shabby either
__________________
It's all about light, my friend.
aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013   #20
F1 Camel
 
jhawk1000's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas USA
Posts: 2,712
CamelKarma: 9058810
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: NFL 2013/2014 season

The word from Kansas City is improvement. Andy Reid is new coach and Alex Smith is new QB. They have re-signed receivers, have a decent running back or two and there is hope for a better season. (Anything will be an improvement over last year.) Some of the analysts have predicted up to a 9 win season but I will wait and see.
I think they will be more exciting and will bring back the hordes of fans they have lost in the past several years. I am not that big of a fan or NFL when college football teams in the area are good but I might be more of a TV fan this year. I do hope that Washington wins big this year though since I am a big RGIII fan.


__________________
Members don't see ads in threads. Register for your free account today and become a member of PhotoCamel to open up the site's many benefits and features.
jhawk1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »


Share this topic:

Thread Tools
Display Modes