Are You Watching Atlas Shrugged?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013   #1
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 2082
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Are You Watching Atlas Shrugged?

Did you see Atlas Shrugged Parts 1 and 2? Sourced from a great book, Im kinda put off by them replacing the entire cast for each of the Parts. Made almost a year apart it might be acceptable to watch someone different playing the same character but if you watch them back to back its quite annoying. Its the first time Ive ever seen this happen. Sometimes an actor might have another commitment or they die and have to be replaced. But to replace the entire cast, director, and crew just seems pretty silly without having everything in place before you start. Any thoughts on this?

Sigma 10-20 f4 . . . . . . . . . . Sigma 28 f1.8 . . . . . . . . . . . Sigma 28-300 f3.5
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013   #2
Bactrian

Default Re: Are You Watching Atlas Shrugged?

Am I the only one thats pissed off about this? I mean they are releasing the book in serial form similar to Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Part I came out and went to the theater and then the DVD came out. I guess they were hoping that would finance more of the movie, or at least Part II. I guess it did because they then made Part II -- with a whole different cast and crew. Then it went into theaters and finally DVD again. So, those who paid for a ticket or bought the DVD were in for a surprise. What would you have done?

Sigma 10-20 f4 . . . . . . . . . . Sigma 28 f1.8 . . . . . . . . . . . Sigma 28-300 f3.5
Old 02-13-2013   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838
Editing OK?: Yes

If the story was converted well and both sets of actors played their parts well, it would annoy me, but not a whole heck of a lot. Now, if there is a part 3 and its different people again, then that would truly be a WTF. I havent seen either movie, so this is just general opinion on the situation described.

Its like how I enjoy both versions of Battlestar Galactica. Even though the characters are totally different (including sex and race) from the original. Some people couldnt get past that. I enjoyed it anyway.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013   #4
Bactrian

I havent seen the new Galactica just the old one with Lorne Green. Each of the 3 parts of the Atlas movie are being released about a year apart so its enough to remember the first part which continues in part II. Having new actors just shows there is no respect for the audience. Their philosophy must be ..... Make a movie and they will come. They will pay their money, sit there and say nothing. And they get angry because their movies are being pirated. It seems to be happening more often, but by the time the movie is over you wish you could get back the time spent watching it. And you had to pay for it too. I watch all the movies, I buy the good ones. The rest go to the trash.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: