Traveling
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013   #1
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 400158
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Traveling

Going to take a trip out to Rochester, MN. Yes plane is faster but to dam much hassle with TSA for me: so it leaves me Train or bus since time is not a factor for me since I am retired:
the problem is filling the void of time in lay overs [like] half day lay over in Chicago and new York up state! Now the buses have short lay overs so I do not even think it LOL

all answers will be appreciated but lets keep it simple thanks

Old 01-31-2013   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Traveling

Define upstate NY. To most NYers, thats everything north or west of Westchester.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013   #3
Photocamel Master

anything past Albany is upstate to me that includes buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Define upstate NY. To most NYers, thats everything north or west of Westchester.
seawolf66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #4
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 17045
Editing OK?: No

You did not mention driving. I like to drive as I can take whatever stuff I would want to have with me and I do not have to do the car rental thing. Especially if time is not a factor. A road trip is fun.

I flew to Hawaii about 18months ago and the TSA thing was not fun at all. Sometimes the airplane is the only choice but I definately plan on avoiding airplanes whenever possible.
nolanr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013   #5
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No

Opps. Wrong thread.
Old 02-01-2013   #6
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838
Editing OK?: Yes

Into baseball at all? Cooperstown isnt too far away from Albany. There wasnt much else in the capital region that I can recall.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013   #7
Photocamel Master

Thanks all: I gave up driving to many nuts to contend with, OF the modern transportation left the train I find is more relaxing : ticket gotten only four hour lay over in Chicago : thanks all

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: