Lance Armstrong - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012   #11
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 901196
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Lance Armstrong

I don't believe that he used drugs , what he did has allready been withtaken from him
i hope that lance will try it one more time at the CAS , but perhaps he thinks that enough is really enough here
Old 08-24-2012   #12
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 106042

Regarding the "innocent until proven guilty" angle; that is a legal parameter, not a personal obligation of being a U.S. citizen. Reasonable deduction on a personal level and legal definitions are not the same thing.
joekolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #13
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4373975
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_j View Post
Having fought cancer, maybe he thinks that there are better ways to spend his energies than fighting people who have been out to get him for years - life's too short.

Perhaps, but why are they "out to get him"?
Doesn't make any sense.
Why would the USADA, and American association, be out to get arguably, one of the most accomplished athletes America has ever seen?
WHy?

"It's all meaningless unless you know what it means"- Unknown
patterfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #14
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 60523190
Editing OK?: Ask first

[QUOTE=patterfr;1683585]Perhaps, but why are they "out to get him"?
Doesn't make any sense.
Why would the USADA, and American association, be out to get arguably, one of the most accomplished athletes America has ever seen?
WHy?[/QUOTE]
Exactly.....Did everything he was supposed to do. Passed all the tests and still they want to hound him.

I guess in the modern age we live in now. If you are good at something, you must be doing something wrong and we are going to bring you down to our level!

52 weeks completed "completed"
pete's-try-at-a-365 "Completed"
P & A Photos Flickr
P & A Photos Photobucket
I live in the Land of the Free because of the Brave!
PeteD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #15
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838

Thats exactly it. To be that good, he just couldnt of done it naturally. If the league or whatever could prove he did something, they would of used it. They had nothing that proved anything. Hes been tested over and over and over and over and over again and nothing has come back positive. He has basically said "F' It. Im done wasting my life with you people". In a month, no one will care and he can live his life. He knows he won all those races and he can still ride a bike whenever he wants. (just not in competition).

Its ironic. He beat cancer, but that wasnt good enough. He couldnt beat jealousy.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012   #16
Camel Breath

I don't know if it's that simple.
Barry Bonds beat the HR record....so good that he must have cheated.
No evidence against him.
No positive tests.
Won in the courts......
DO you really think he's innocent?

Old 08-25-2012   #17
Camel Breath

I think people dont like Bonds, for whatever reasons, but they like Lance Armstrong and therefore are unwilling to believe he's guilty.
Sammy Sosa
Mark McGuire
Barry Bonds
Roger Clemens
None of them ever failed a drug test.
But for some reason we don't like them.
And we think they haven't done much.
Lance we like and think he's done a lot.
They shold all be presumed innocent.
But they aren't.
We've seen so many people fall from grace that maybe we just don't want to see one more. Especially one who many believe has done so much good for cancer survivors, weight loss, etc......it's an interesting human thing.
We will forgive if the good outweighs the bad.......I think thats ok.

Old 08-25-2012   #18
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 24299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Thats exactly it. To be that good, he just couldnt of done it naturally. If the league or whatever could prove he did something, they would of used it. They had nothing that proved anything. Hes been tested over and over and over and over and over again and nothing has come back positive. He has basically said "F' It. Im done wasting my life with you people". In a month, no one will care and he can live his life. He knows he won all those races and he can still ride a bike whenever he wants. (just not in competition).

Its ironic. He beat cancer, but that wasnt good enough. He couldnt beat jealousy.
I think it's kind of funny that those that testified against him did test positive for drugs but Armstrong didn't and they still couldn't beat him. Those that tested positive were cut a deal for testifing against him. Seems like those who testified against him had an incentive to do so even he never tested positive.

After 13 years of fighting this I can see why a person would just say the hell with it. It really will not make any difference in his current life and you can never prove a negitive anyway.

Dwight
dmthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #19
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1774014

Here's the USADAs media release.

http://www.usada.org/media/sanction-armstrong8242012

He is like anyone else. He can cheat and has been caught out by the USADA. He could have challenged them for the evidence that they say they have. He chose not to do so.

The fact he does great things for cancer fund raisers etc is of no consequence in this particular matter.

Onslow
Onslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012   #20
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 1544067
Editing OK?: No

Sad really either way.

We're some of his ex team mates saying he used drugs just a few weeks ago? Forget the authorities, why would all his ex team mates be prepared to testify against him?

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: