The Terrorists have won. Another photographer arrested
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 700483
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default The Terrorists have won. Another photographer arrested

The attocities performed against this woman are unbelivable!
The terrorists have won. We are so afraid of ourselves now that we have to arrest a woman taking a picture of a tourist attraction from a public road.

Mother of 3 Arrested for Taking Pictures of Tourist Attraction at Airport

I hope she wins the lawsuit and much more. The cop who did this should be arrested.

Old 05-16-2012   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 965208
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: The Terrorists have won. Another photographer arrested

Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to leftists.

I'm glad I have several hundred rounds of ammo for my Colt automatic stored away. Perhaps I should go out and get several hundred more rounds.

Benji
In the end, people appreciate frankness more than flattery. Prov 28:23
Old 05-16-2012   #3
Llama

CamelKarma: 455110
Editing OK?: Ask First

And now the police chief has retired. Hmm. Go figure.

It's so ridiculous. I have to add, just add, a motorcycle driving ability to my already issued drivers license. One I just renewed about a year ago. But now I have to bring in 3 forms of ID. Mind you I already have a regular drivers license in a state that I have had one with for over 35 years.

Ironically, the only place a drivers license is NOT good for ID purposes is the DMV. All because of Homeland Security.
Old 05-16-2012   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 7958959
Editing OK?: Yes

Cop was a total jerk and the rest of the system let him be one. Hope we find out what happens.
Old 05-16-2012   #5
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 23860
Editing OK?: Ask first

This is so sad to read. It's a shame that things like this happen.

c&c always welcome
Old 05-16-2012   #6
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 134

A truly important topic. Luckily cases like this remain the exception.

Despite the negative propaganda, once you're inside the U.S. the place remains one of the world's freest.

All power to the accused in this case!
Old 05-16-2012   #7
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 9679634

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEME View Post
Despite the negative propaganda, once you're inside the U.S. the place remains one of the world's freest.
To some extent, that depends on your definition of "free".

I have been a regular visitor to the States for many years both for work and recreation and the one thing (apart from your crazy gun laws !) that I find most disturbing is the lack of supervision of local police forces.
They do seem to be "free" to do absolutely whatever they wish. This case appears to be a classic example - but for once, the police force in question does seem to be getting the sort of publicity it richly deserves. Will any sort of sanction ever be imposed on any of those "officers" responsible for this disgraceful episode ?
Old 05-16-2012   #8
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 44261

~Chris
Old 05-16-2012   #9
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 497479

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikmacme View Post
Our "crazy gun laws" are the check that's going to keep us free.
Yes, but wouldn't it be even more efficient if you assured your personal freedom with some more serious ordnance than a puny handgun or rifle? How about some real deterrent, keep your private nuke or car bombs.

The point I want to make is that there are more than one good way to keep a society healthy and worth living in. Some might see the salvation in small weapons, some in bigger weapons, some in no weapons. For each case it's easy to find examples where exactly this recipe doesn't work just like you'd find example where it works. For the small weapon one, look at Somalia and other anarchistic states, where you have plenty of small arms an no peace.

In the end, what matters isn't the hardware, the form of government or the laws. Only the people and how they behave matter.

Korman
Old 05-16-2012   #10
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2684

Let's see, she was photographing an airport, she had a gun, she had thousands of dollars cash on her, she had been wounded at another location. Did I miss anything?

I am not even a cop and just from reading that article, I am suspicious of her. If it had been only one of those things, I would agree the cops were out of line, with all of them, they certainly had probable cause.

Some other things in that report are very strange. Who would have taken only part of the cash from her purse, for instance.

Of course, what you read in the news has about as much relation to reality as reality shows on TV do.

www.tomrit.com
Closed Thread

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: