The Terrorists have won. Another photographer arrested - Page 22
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
 

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012   #211
F1 Camel
 
jhawk1000's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas USA
Posts: 2,712
CamelKarma: 9058810
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: The Terrorists have won. Another photographer arrested

lPlease tell me where you get your facts. Let's start with the fact that we prop up 1/2 the dictators and define prop up. Next give me the facts you say exist that we as a nation have killed directly or by proxy more than the Nazis did and it would be nice to give some facts regarding what defines proxy. Otherwise, I would say this is just a bunch of BS from a hater.
jhawk1000 is online now  
Old 05-31-2012   #212
Camel Breath
 
patterfr's Avatar
 
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 15,412
CamelKarma: 4373975
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: The Terrorists have won. Another photographer arrested

You dont need facts you just need to overhear stuff at the coffeeshop
Thats just as good isn't it?
__________________
-- Fran


"It's all meaningless unless you know what it means"- Unknown
patterfr is offline  
Old 06-01-2012   #213
Camel Breath
 
Douglas's Avatar
 
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 12,865
CamelKarma: 538838
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: The Terrorists have won. Another photographer arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaDude View Post
I don't watch TV news. The FACT is that this country's sovereignty hasn't been challenged since the War of 1812. The FACT is that we prop up half the dictators on the planet, and have killed, directly or by proxy, more innocent people than the Nazis. Defending this country and defending the empire are two completely different things.
"Our soverignty" hasnt been challanged since the War of 1812? Of, you mean the war where WE invaded Canada for the purpose of taking it over as part of the US (also because the British were supporting the Native Americans whose land we were stealing over the course of the century)? And they retaliated, in defense, by burning down the White House? That war of 1812?
Douglas is offline  
Old 06-01-2012   #214
F1 Camel
 
gryphonslair99's Avatar
 
Location: Wichita, Kansas, USA
Posts: 3,652
CamelKarma: 1091466
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: The Terrorists have won. Another photographer arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
"Our soverignty" hasnt been challanged since the War of 1812? Of, you mean the war where WE invaded Canada for the purpose of taking it over as part of the US? And they retaliated, in defense, by burning down the White House? That war of 1812?
It was a bit more complicated than that, but the Americans did declare war that started the official fighting. But hey, why let facts get in the way of, as Fran so aptly put it, good coffee shop chatter.
__________________
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about time, masters worry about light.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.


"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline  
Old 06-01-2012   #215
Guanaco
 
ScubaDude's Avatar
 
Location: Waveland, MS
Posts: 385
CamelKarma: 7847
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: The Terrorists have won. Another photographer arrested

Americans are really starting to sound like the Germans in the 1930s. Anybody who doesn't know how evil our foreign policy is just isn't paying attention.
__________________
Canon [T1i & BG-E5 grip] [EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM] [EF 400mm f/5.6L USM] [EF-S 18-55mm IS] [EF 50mm f/1.8] [EF 1.4x III]
Induro [AT313 tripod] [AM25 monopod] [GHB2 gimbal head]
Canon [F1-n] [A-1] [various FD lenses] (retired)
ScubaDude is offline  
Old 06-01-2012   #216
Guanaco
 
ScubaDude's Avatar
 
Location: Waveland, MS
Posts: 385
CamelKarma: 7847
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: The Terrorists have won. Another photographer arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV View Post
In a matter of your own opinion as you can not back your claim with any fact!

I am serving my country as it is the country whom elected the current government both state and federal. Those whom feel otherwise are confused!

I serve proudly and can separate my personal opinions/ views from the job in which I have been assigned to do. I may not agree sometimes but I know I do not have all the information that goes into making the decisions in our senior government.

Seems like these days everyone who watches FOX, CNN, MSNBC, or any news channel are all experts in what ever topic they choose. The news is not factual these days, they are prostitutes to what ever sells readers, viewers, and ratings!
So, you're going with the Nuremberg defense? Good luck on Judgement Day.
__________________
Canon [T1i & BG-E5 grip] [EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM] [EF 400mm f/5.6L USM] [EF-S 18-55mm IS] [EF 50mm f/1.8] [EF 1.4x III]
Induro [AT313 tripod] [AM25 monopod] [GHB2 gimbal head]
Canon [F1-n] [A-1] [various FD lenses] (retired)
ScubaDude is offline  
Old 06-01-2012   #217
F1 Camel
 
jhawk1000's Avatar
 
Location: Kansas USA
Posts: 2,712
CamelKarma: 9058810
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: The Terrorists have won. Another photographer arrested

Still waiting on those facts upon which you rest your conclusions. So, Scubadude, you wanting to overthrow the government or would an election be okay. Probably only if your candidates win. You make me ill with your self serving conclusions, your equating the US with the Nazi atrocities. Is that what you are taught in your State or do you believe that teaching is merely brain washing?
jhawk1000 is online now  
Old 06-01-2012   #218
F1 Camel
 
gryphonslair99's Avatar
 
Location: Wichita, Kansas, USA
Posts: 3,652
CamelKarma: 1091466
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: The Terrorists have won. Another photographer arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaDude View Post
So, you're going with the Nuremberg defense? Good luck on Judgement Day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawk1000 View Post
Still waiting on those facts upon which you rest your conclusions. So, Scubadude, you wanting to overthrow the government or would an election be okay. Probably only if your candidates win. You make me ill with your self serving conclusions, your equating the US with the Nazi atrocities. Is that what you are taught in your State or do you believe that teaching is merely brain washing?

Sounds to me more like a Fire and Brimstoner if you ask me. Seems like this is about all you get with a little propaganda and blind faith: Veteran snake-handling pastor dies after bite during service - KansasCity.com
__________________
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about time, masters worry about light.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.


"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline  
Old 06-01-2012   #219
Photocamel Master
 
Ed Shapiro's Avatar
 
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Posts: 6,718
CamelKarma: 5188665
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: The Terrorists have won. Another photographer arrested

DISGUSTING!
__________________
Ed Shapiro - Master Photographer
Ottawa, Canada
Ed Shapiro is offline  
Old 06-01-2012   #220
F1 Camel
 
gryphonslair99's Avatar
 
Location: Wichita, Kansas, USA
Posts: 3,652
CamelKarma: 1091466
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: The Terrorists have won. Another photographer arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Shapiro View Post
DISGUSTING!

If you would have put this in the Pentax forum where I suggested this thread would be dead by now.


__________________
Members don't see ads in threads. Register for your free account today and become a member of PhotoCamel to open up the site's many benefits and features.
__________________
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about time, masters worry about light.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.


"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline  
Closed Thread

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »


Share this topic:

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I Arrested A Photojournalist Professor Today. 12step Photography Talk 108 06-29-2011 06:11 PM
Arrested Development KateMorgan Portraits 12 01-24-2011 02:15 PM
Terrorists sick of being treated like photographers Bambi OT: Off-topic 6 08-14-2010 01:53 PM
I am getting arrested !! WildWally Fun Stuff 2 11-02-2009 09:57 PM
Man Arrested for Unlawful Photography OdzBodkinz Photography Talk 14 07-22-2008 10:20 PM