World economy/stock markets - Page 123
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2011   #1221
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: World economy/stock markets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
I really do not want to know where you found that.
Google is your friend. Especially google images.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011   #1222
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 24299

The state of affairs our country is in right now is pretty sad. Talking with people I have found that those yelling for cuts to be made are a lot of the same peoplewho when cuts are made are surprised that the cuts affect them. It seems that they are all for cuts but in someone elses area. Same with TERM LIMITS. They want term limits but for someone elses representive not their own.

In the state of Washington the voters rejected a couple of tax proposes last year now in the newpaper opinion page a lot of those same people are hollaring about the cuts the state has had to make. The Governor had made it very clear at the time what cuts would have to be made. Do people think budget cuts will not have any affect on them? I find it hard to believe.

Dwight

Last edited by dmthompson; 11-30-2011 at 08:01 AM.. Reason: spelling
dmthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #1223
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838

Need more proof on how these wonderful companies have the consumer in mind?

$600 hike for US Airways Pittsburgh to Philly flights - Dec. 1, 2011

Quote:
Right now, $118 will buy you a roundtrip ticket on the 45-minute US Airways jaunt from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia.
Starting on Jan. 8, the price of that same ticket will skyrocket to $698, according to price data on the airline's website.

Why? Southwest Airlines (LUV, Fortune 500), the only other carrier that flies the route without connections, is dropping service -- leaving US Airways as the only nonstop option for fliers who need to span Pennsylvania in a hurry
But but but, these businesses would never take advantage of people. If we give them more breaks, it will all be sunny days again... And I dont see why the FCC is concerned what AT&T will do if they buy out t-mobile and take another step toward their monopoly.
Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011   #1224
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 24299

The Sente passed a 660 billion spending bill for defense yesterday. If you add the 250 billion for homeland security that's almost a trillion dollars. Am I the only one here that thinks we could reduce the spending by 300 billion a year and still defend our country. The bill still has to pass the House and be signed by the President. By the time the bill goes back to the Senate to be voted on again I'm sure a few more billion will be added on to it.

For people who want to cut, cut, cut you would think the Congress could do better than this. Oh wait, the Republicians only want to cut social programs and taxes for the wealthy that way the 99% can pay for the defense budget and the 1% can profit from it after all they decided not to extend the payroll tax cuts. I'm sure though, they will push to keep the Bush era tax cut for the wealthy.

Dwight

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: