NFL 2011/2012 Season
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011   #1
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 820906
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default NFL 2011/2012 Season

All indications point to both parties (owners & players) agreeing on a new CBA. If that's the case then it's time to start talking about a new season...assuming we will have a new season

As usual for this time of the year, please tell us about your team. Their needs in terms of players, your opinion on your rookie class, the outlook for the upcoming season. What you are worried about, and what you are optimistic about. Basically, tell us about your team

aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011   #2
Camel Breath

Default Re: NFL 2011/2012 Season

I'll start.

- We have a new coach that brings excitement to the team because he is an offensive-minded guy.

- Big worry on the QB front. It seems we are bringing Alex Smith back. How well will he do compared to past seasons. The good news is that our coach is an ex-QB himself, so he knows about the position. What about Kaepernick (2nd round pick). Will he see the field this season.

- Who will be our center. Bass?

Now it's your turn
Old 07-22-2011   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193

I think Baas is the center if he re-signs with the 49ers.

I like Alex Smith a lot as a person, but he hasn't been a good NFL QB. He's the kind of guy you want to move next door, hang out with the neighborhood kids, make a difference at school, etc.

At the same time, I don't see the harm in giving him one more chance. He needs to reinvent himself elsewhere in the NFL, but the only better option I can think of is a one year rental of free agent QB Matt Hasselbeck, and his back could end that experiment quickly. The different offseason we've had so far guarantees that the season will be somewhat unpredictable.

The 49ers have been all potential and offered very little in the terms of actual results the past few seasons. Either the players aren't as good as we thought they were, or the system was kaput. I'm hoping it's the second, because on paper the Niners always look like they're a QB, backup running back, and defensive back away from contending for the NFC West crown.

I think they should jettison Nate Clements and make a push for Nnamdi Asomougha; the worst he can say is no, and Clements has not come close to earning his $80-million contract. The local product (Cal) would help continue to generate fan support for a new stadium, and bringing in stars like him and hot coaching prospect Jim Harbaugh from Stanford should get local fans fired up.

For the Raiders, I should be saying that they'll build off their improvements last season, but Davis canned Cable anyways in the favor of Hue Jackson, so who knows. They need to start by actually signing a QB (no one's under contract, IIRC, though Campbell should be back), and figuring out who they can bring in to help alleviate the pending loss of Asomougha. Richard Seymour will continue to be a fantastic leader on defense, but I have to see who ends up being cap casualties (thanks to the pending new CBA, the Raiders are over the cap) before I can make a prediction. My guess is that it'll work out better than I think, but they have to make sure guys like TE Zach Miller don't get away.

No idea about the Browns. New coach, and they cut everybody. I don't think there's a single D-lineman under contract (exaggeration, but I honestly can't think of a player who is still there). I think that it's good that they're giving Colt McCoy a chance to be the guy, but he needs to work on his ability to handle the wind in Cleveland, and the team is going to suffer as they change systems on both sides of the ball.

Either way, go Niners/Raiders/Browns! I also have a Jacksonsville hat somewhere, but I couldn't tell you much about the Jaguars, except that they are acknowledging David Garrard's ceiling by drafting Mr. Upside QB Blaine Gabbert.
Old 07-22-2011   #4
Camel Breath

Didn't know you liked the Browns, Michael. I love Colt McCoy. Wish we have him as our QB.
Old 07-22-2011   #5
Camel Breath

Speaking of secretly admiring other teams I like our ex-division mates (the Falcons and Saints). I like it when they do well. Not only that (you won't believe this)... I like the Rams too Not when we play them, of course
Old 07-22-2011   #6
Camel Breath

Ah, the Bengals.
Old 07-22-2011   #7
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193

Quote:
Originally Posted by aam1234 View Post
Didn't know you liked the Browns, Michael. I love Colt McCoy. Wish we have him as our QB.
Didn't you accuse me of being a closet Browns fan?

We got a lot of Browns games on TV in LA (might have just coincided the times I was free on Sundays) and after they won 10 games they got a bunch of primetime games the following season, which meant even more Browns games to watch, though they stunk it up royally that year. Naturally, I think I picked them to win 10 weeks in a row that year on the Camel.

I always liked their blue collar everyman look. It doesn't hurt that all the people I've met from Cleveland have been pretty cool.

Also, Colt McCoy was one of my favorite college players.

The Jags have two standout UCLA players of recent vintage on the roster, MJD and Marcedes Lewis, but with MJD's recent comments and subsequent backtracking I'm less of a fan. If you're going to criticize, just stick to your guns. Better, don't tweet it the moment you think of it, that way you don't sound like an idiot. If you reread your comment and it's still legit, let it out into the world.

I'll watch Tampa Bay, too. Liked their pirate logo when I was a kid, though their teams (except for last year) have been pretty average-looking.
Old 07-22-2011   #8
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466
Editing OK?: Yes

Might want to slow down there speedy.

The Associated Press: As NFL lockout drags on, who's the bad guy?

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011   #9
Camel Breath

Breaking News: Player reps vote unanimously to approve deal

You can watch live here.
Old 07-26-2011   #10
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 1229896

The Cowboys just cut Marion Barber, Roy Williams, and Leonard Davis.

That is great news.

Rick Waldroup is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: