Truth..we need it.
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 14721
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Truth..we need it.

The thing about this lovely site is that we don't have enough truth. We don't learn by being babied. At least I didn't. I'm not calling for troll lynch mobs, but wouldn't it be better to help a fellow photog?

I think so.

Say what you mean and give advice of how to fix it.

Old 04-04-2011   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1192
Default Re: Truth..we need it.

Apple pie tastes better with sugar in it. ( and a pinch of salt )

50 cameras and lenses from 8mm to 1000mm.

Click For Modest Gear List ~ Changes Daily

If you have something I need, PM me!

www.guns2roses.com www.garymayo.com
Gary Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #3
F1 Camel

Sugar makes you fat and lazy. Salt also makes you fat and lazy.
So instead, pick up a camera, and get a shoot high? Just a thought.
And a little sugar and salt never hurt anyone. It's good for you. Say what you mean. You will only help others in the long run.
littlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 3249515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Mayo View Post
Apple pie tastes better with sugar in it. ( and a pinch of salt )

So true, but if we really want to learn we must at least listen to what other people have to say with an open mind and heart....

That doesn't mean we have to agree with everything everyone says though.

COMMENTS, CRITIQUES ALWAYS WELCOME

IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE LIVING LIFE IN PEACE
verdesardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #5
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdesardog View Post
So true, but if we really want to learn we must at least listen to what other people have to say with an open mind and heart....

That doesn't mean we have to agree with everything everyone says though.

Exactly right. You said it better than I ever could.
Old 04-04-2011   #6
OSD
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 267032

Sure, but if you can find something that was done right and mention it too then the photographer has something to feel good about too.

Mention a good point, mention something that could be improved, suggest how to improve it. That's my formula.

(Hah - this may be why I don't actually comment in most threads. If I'm not qualified to suggest improvements...)
OSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #7
F1 Camel

I do that all the time, like I am any sort of authority. I tell people ALL THE TIME, that I love a photo, I say what I like,and I try to encourage those that I think have potential, and due to some nastiness, I skip all the rest. I think you can have hard love and help someone at the same time. That was the way I learned. YMMV
Old 04-04-2011   #8
F1 Camel

But let's get back to what I see in my e-mail box everyday.
People love a "friendly site' but they are damn sick of feeding crazyiness, and they are too afraid to say anything, because someone else is going to come along and say, "W0W!" That is the best photo ever! Which of course it isn't when you look at the big picture of all the millions of photographers our there. But people say it because they are trying to be encouraging,and they photographer has no idea that there are bigger and better things out there. They just think, "Wow", I'm the shiate!
Even worse than that, I've seen horrific photos loaded up. No one comments. The reason they don't comment sometomes is because other members will come down on them. Ok, right there that is f'ed up. Everyone seems to be terrified to call a spade a spade, Even if we are trying to help. It's the "friendly forum" and we all have to do a little dance around a campfie and profess our total love for one another,
News Flash. Working Photogs who make their ENTIRE living off of photography have to dance around in little circle to make sure everyone is happy. We work with the big people and the skinny people and we work past it,
Old 04-04-2011   #9
F1 Camel

Lets call a spade a spade. Whithout calling ANYONE out. is there some horrifically horrible photos on the Wedding Forum? Did you just look at the photos and say, "W0W, I can't believed you charged for this _they didn't just my quess.

But we cant say anything without gettin in trouble. We have to say "Wow" that is the coolest photo, or say nothing at all. Because we definately don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Because they are super perfect just like they are,'

I'm not. And I like peoples opinions.
Old 04-04-2011   #10
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 538838

When I post, I always hope for both the critical as well as the complimentary comments. I just hate the ones that say its crap, but dont offer why or a possible solution. When learning anything you need both sides. You dont make it through 12 years of school (plus college) by being told you are wrong. You are told why you are wrong and what you got right.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: