NFL 2010/2011 Season - Page 74
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011   #731
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: NFL 2010/2011 Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post
Trapman, I have no idea. Those are really good questions.

The billionaires and millionaires can fight all they want, while those individuals who really depend on the games for their livelihood get shafted: the staff that work at the stadiums, at places around the stadium (hotels, restaurants), and those that receive benefits from the games (e.g. the church that gets proceeds from parking at Titans games to feed the hungry). Oh yeah, and those guys that shoot on speculation at Raiders games...

It's hard for me to feel bad for the owners, but it's also hard for me to feel bad for the players. Yes, they do sacrifice their bodies for entertainment, but at the same time they're adults, and their form of employment is one of their choices; as adults, they need to understand that they're responsible for their choices and consequences. The moronic comments coming out (Adrian Peterson and Brian Waters, for starters) of the players is only turning me off the NFL more.

I don't think I have any more to say on this... now I can just wait until they get something done.
And then we have......

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclohexane View Post
That was dropped very early on. I think it's benefits and player salaries now, though I stopped paying the half-attention I was giving the situation after they actually locked themselves out. I remember seeing something about the owners trying to drop the salary cap (and therefore player salaries) significantly and letting it build itself back up like it did the first time they instituted it, and also cutting retirement benefits.

Heheh, we could do that....
Promises....promises....promises.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011   #732
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193
Editing OK?: No

Yeah, what a difference a night of sleep makes.
Old 05-04-2011   #733
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 820906

(Belated) draft discussion.

I traveled for a photo trip in the same day the draft started so wasn't able to bring this subject up for discussion on time.

Regardless, what do you think of your team's draft. Are you happy or disappointed about it. Please tell us why.
Old 05-04-2011   #734
Camel Breath

Welcome back, Al.

49ers: The Aldon Smith pick reminds me of the Vernon Gholston pick a few years back- drafting an end high and moving him to linebacker in a 3-4. That said, at least I didn't hear any "workout warrior" rumors about Smith, but equally distressing is the fact that I've never heard of Aldon Smith before his name was called, and normally I've heard of the guys being picked in the top 10, having worked in sports news and all. The rest of the picks seemed okay; good value on WR Ronald Johnson in the 6th round if he develops.

Browns: I liked the trading down with Atlanta and stockpiling of picks seeing as the Browns have enough holes for three or four drafts. RB Owen Marecic and TE Jordan Cameron are intriguing picks and should contribute on special teams immediately, if not on offense as well. I was hoping for Marecic on the 49ers, but he might be an even better fit for the Browns offense.
Old 05-04-2011   #735
Camel Breath

Cheers, Michael. Good to "see" you again.

Never watched a single college game before (football or otherwise), so can't comment on individual players, but positions only.

It's kindda distressing that you never heard of Aldon before

Few things I liked about the 9ers draft. 1) They got a DE in the first round, as it's a position of big need 2) They got a RB.

Need sometime to learn how to spell Kaepernick before digesting the 9ers draft
Old 05-04-2011   #736
Camel Breath

I really like Kaepernick's attitude and heart, but I have no idea if he'll be any good. His Nevada team did knock off a well-regarded Boise State team last year, but Boise State only needed to convert one of two field goal attempts near the end of that one for it to go the other way. Also, he came out of the Pistol system, which doesn't really translate to the NFL, though at least the running back is still behind the QB, unlike the shotgun spread.
Old 05-04-2011   #737
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466
Editing OK?: Yes

If we are lucky the Court of Appeals will uphold the NFL Owners in Brady vs NFL making the whole draft and season a moot point.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011   #738
Camel Breath

Geez, you think editors know a bit of the English language. This is from Yahoo NFL front page.

"The Jaguars' draft selection of QB Blaine Gabbert raised eyebrows, but it makes more sense that one might think."
Old 05-12-2011   #739
Camel Breath

Good copy editing is harder to find than it should be these days. I swear some of the sites online use spellcheck in lieu of paying a copy department.

Posted via mobile device using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2011   #740
Camel Breath

Sometimes you wonder if they even use a spellchecker.

aam1234 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: