Mac Elements & Actions
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010   #1
JAW
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 130
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Mac Elements & Actions

Hi,

I'm not sure I have the right forum for this but here goes anyhow!

This post is in regard to "Jason's frame actions".

This question is for those using the Mac computer platform.

Will Jason's frame actions work in or with PSE 6 (Photoshop Elements 6) for Mac?

Obviously, I'm a Mac person requesting info regarding anyone using the Mac platform and having Jason's actions installed. Does the actions work well on your Mac and are you happy that you downloaded his actions?

I have heard (on good authority) this action works quite well on a PC but wonder if it will work on a Mac just as well or if it was designed just for the PC program.

Any thoughts?

A reply or comment from Mac users (that have used these actions in "Elements for Mac") would be greatly appreciated.

I have Elements and don't wish to update to the larger Photoshop (new or old) program.

I'd like a bit more info from those that have it installed on their Mac and are happy with the actions.

If you want to show some examples using Jason's actions using the Mac, please be my guest.

Thanks for any and all replies,

JAW in LA

Old 07-19-2010   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673
Default Re: Mac Elements & Actions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAW View Post
Hi,

It's not. Repost it in Image Editing and Color Management
Old 08-14-2010   #3
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 270
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAW View Post
Hi,

This post is in regard to "Jason's frame actions".

This question is for those using the Mac computer platform.

Will Jason's frame actions work in or with PSE 6 (Photoshop Elements 6) for Mac?

Obviously, I'm a Mac person requesting info regarding anyone using the Mac platform and having Jason's actions installed. Does the actions work well on your Mac and are you happy that you downloaded his actions?

I have heard (on good authority) this action works quite well on a PC but wonder if it will work on a Mac just as well or if it was designed just for the PC program.

Any thoughts?

A reply or comment from Mac users (that have used these actions in "Elements for Mac") would be greatly appreciated.

I have Elements and don't wish to update to the larger Photoshop (new or old) program.

I'd like a bit more info from those that have it installed on their Mac and are happy with the actions.

If you want to show some examples using Jason's actions using the Mac, please be my guest.

Thanks for any and all replies,

JAW in LA
It appears you didn't repost your question in the suggested forum and I was interested in the answer too. I found an interesting tidbit at the following site where there appears to be folks who are pretty sharp when it comes to actions with PS Elements:

Elements Village - View Single Post - Drop Shadow

Although PSE 6 is not specifically mentioned, perhaps this info will get you going... FYI: As a general rule actions are platform independent: If one works on a PC it will almost always work on a Mac (and vice-versa).

~DannyR~
dannyraphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010   #4
JAW
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 130

Hi dannyraphael,

Yes, I know of the site. I am a member there and post on the "Elements Village" forum occasionally under user ID: JAW.
I found another place to get answers also - 3photoshop.com. I find this forum very easy going but very thorough and informative. The guy makes video tutorials so you and I can understand elements. It sounds strange but true. The man knows his elements as well as photoshop. His name is Matt. Check out his site and his pedigree. I trust his knowledge on any subject and have also posted on his forum several times. Check out his web site (3photoshop.com) and see if you like what he has to offer. It's free so how can you go wrong!
Just so you know, I uploaded those "Jason's frame actions" and they work great. Got to run, things to do before I hit the bed.

Have a great evening, JAW

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: