Barack Obama for President 2008 - Page 6
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008   #51
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 4591
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Barack Obama for President 2008

One thing about the interest rate, no one twisted there arm to sign the darn thing. And like what is explained in a later reply, Ronny, as you call him had very little to do with that. Hell when you come down to it Clinton did some good things. His whole tender was not bad, what do you think??

A picture is worth a thousand words but it uses up three
thousand times the memory
Old 01-07-2008   #52
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 460
Editing OK?: No

LOL....ok you guys.....I think out of this lot I shall vote for Brian Austin!!

In the real event.....sheesh, who knows....I find Huckabee interesting though.......cheers to all...Bob
Old 01-07-2008   #53
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 7917

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian.austin View Post
I find it rather ironic that it sounds a lot like Enron's accounting schemes, eh?
Don't get carried away, Brian. Even if the politicians have mismanaged the SS system, there's a huge difference between misfeasance and malfeasance.
AF Primes: 35/1.8DX, 60/2.8G, 85/1.4, 180/2.8
MF Primes: 20/3.5UD, 28/3.5K, CV40/2, 105/2.5
Zooms: 24-120/4VR, 70-300VR
M4/3 System: Oly e-pl2, 14-42mm, 20/1.7
Old 01-07-2008   #54
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Frank View Post
Don't get carried away, Brian. Even if the politicians have mismanaged the SS system, there's a huge difference between misfeasance and malfeasance.
I WILL get carried away. Why? It's my right, guaranteed under the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

I'm ALLOWED to question my leaders. Some, including Jefferson, even encouraged it. One (though I forget who) felt open rebellion every once in a while wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

The government holds THEMSELVES to different standards, Frank. It always has. All of those housing codes that make our homes safe and comfortable? Military housing was exempt for decades, even though the families in them were no different than the middle class families in nearby suburbs. Asbestos legislation...remember that? Guess where one of the WORST asbestos contamination sites is in the country right now? Under the US Capitol. Federal workers are EXCLUDED from help there. OSHA doesn't apply to federal facilities.

The ONLY difference between Enron's accounting practices and our government's is one simple thing: the government is in charge and makes it own rules...and changes them to suit itself. Again, check your history. They've been doing it for decades.
Old 01-07-2008   #55
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 34
Editing OK?: Ask First

Republicans should be happy Canadians can't vote

Canadian Press
January 7, 2008 at 6:24 PM EST

OTTAWA — If you're asking Canadians, it doesn't seem to matter much who wins Tuesday's New Hampshire primaries.
A new poll suggests Canadians so massively favour the U.S. Democratic party that they'd back any of its leading candidates in a presidential race against a Republican.
The Harris-Decima survey suggests the Democrats would trounce the Republicans by a four-to-one margin if the voters were Canadian.
U.S. President George W. Bush's Republican party would get creamed even in a hypothetical election in which only Canadian Conservatives voted.
The survey, provided exclusively to The Canadian Press, says 49 per cent of Canadians expressed a preference for Democrats while only 12 per cent did the same for Republicans.
Even self-described Conservatives — who are supposedly more ideologically in tune with the right-leaning Republicans — favoured the Democrats by a 47-23 margin.
Voters in New Hampshire will pick their preferred Democratic and Republican candidates in Tuesday's primary.
Although Democrat Barack Obama appears to have all the momentum entering the vote, Canadian respondents favoured Hillary Clinton by 34-23 margin over Mr. Obama's upstart candidacy.
Among Republican candidates, Canadian respondents favoured the most socially liberal one.
Former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani had the support of 6 per cent of respondents, followed by John McCain at 3 per cent, Mike Huckabee at 2 per cent and Mitt Romney at 1 per cent.
In a hypothetical presidential election between Mr. Obama and Mr. Romney, respondents favoured Mr. Obama 49 per cent to 11. And if only Conservatives voted, Mr. Obama would still have won by a 50-17 margin.
The poll of 1,000 respondents was conducted Jan. 3-6, and has a plus or minus 3.1-percentage-point margin of error, 19 times out of 20.

globeandmail.com: Republicans should be happy Canadians can't vote
Old 01-07-2008   #56
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 43

one thing has always stuck in my mind, be careful what you ask for.

you better read VERY carefully between the lines when it comes to obama.......

Saving today for the future thru a Canonits a life ending chore,,,,but some one has to do it
Old 01-07-2008   #57
Dromedary

I actually heard some Republicans say they would vote for Obama. Damn, pass the doobie, bro!

Old 01-07-2008   #58
Dromedary

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcphotos39 View Post
you better read VERY carefully between the lines when it comes to obama.......
Oh, yeah? Hey, how carefully did you have to read to end up with a guy like George Bush? Was that something like dyslexia or illiteracy?
Old 01-07-2008   #59
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 10673

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertP View Post
Republicans should be happy Canadians can't vote
Uh...they can vote. Just not in the US.

And Canada is and has been left leaning since I remember. Voting Democrat is hardly a surprise there.

But...they can't and it has no relevance on the election outcome. So why even bother bringing it up? Ah...forgot. This is a common moveon.org wannabee tactic:

Dazzle them with irrelevant data.

Nice job, AP.
Old 01-08-2008   #60
Former Camel

CamelKarma: 460
Editing OK?: No

As I live in Canada, I am deeply affected by the US situation at any given time. Not all of us would vote Democrat, believe me. Cheers, Bob

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > OT: Off-topic »

Share this topic: