Real consumer bought e-410 ISO 1600
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2007   #1
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 344
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Real consumer bought e-410 ISO 1600

I think this shot as far as noise goes looks really good for a couple of reasons- this was shot with the camera noise redux set to none, and zero post. If I shot this with the e-300 or e-330 I would see some digital chroma noise here or there I think, but there's almost none here. The noise looks very luminance-like.

- Raist

PS: There was another post he made comparing the noise reduction set to zero for ISO 100, etc. It was unbelievable, the detail it captured over standard noise reduction the camera applies. For this alone I am very interested in Olympus this year's cams.

Old 05-05-2007   #2
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Real consumer bought e-410 ISO 1600

Looks pretty good Raist. I'm quite sure that a little bit of post-processing and it will print out very nicely. Based on the EXIF I'm sure that an equivalent shot from my E-1 would look a hell of a lot worse. A bit of overblown highlights and the noise is still a little bit 'bitty', but overall things are looking good .
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 14
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Real consumer bought e-410 ISO 1600

Hmm... looks ok I guess but I'm not sure that's particularly clean or sharp and I would think that any sharpening that would make for some unsightly artifacts. I think a bit of NR or smoothing would actually not go amiss on this image.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus »

Share this topic: