Olympus support
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2005   #1
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Olympus support

I've dealt with Nikon and Canon but never the support system of Olympus--factory repairs, etc. How do you like Olympus support? Speedy? Slow? Helpful? Or not?

I have a relative who is about to send an e10 in.

JDArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005   #2
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 28
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Olympus support

Sorry JD, can't help you here. I just haven't had anything go wrong yet with my E-1 system (knocking on wood).
Old 10-03-2005   #3
senses working overtime

CamelKarma: 402002
Editing OK?: Yes

Yes, there is a leading answer here which is that I've never had any issues with Olympus gear (including stuff that is 30 years old). Touch wood, that will continue to be the case.
Paul Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005   #4
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 13
Editing OK?: Ask First

Hi, I can only praize the Oly service ( in Hamburg/Germany and coordination with South Africa) as I once had a problem with the LCD display on top of the E-1. I initially phoned the guys in Germany and then within 10 days I had a swap-camera which is doing incredibly good job ever since. The swap was without any charges at all
Also I contacted them for the OM-Adapter and they sent me the adapter without loosing time even without costs for shipping
Also advice via internet is working (but sometimes not as fast as direct phone comntact
What more could I expect of professional service?

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus »

Share this topic: