The buying fever goes on.
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2018   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9058810
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default The buying fever goes on.

My wife and I have been Nikon shooters for years and on a whim, I bought a Panasonic G5 with two kit lenses, a 25mm 1.7 and 60mm 2.8. I used the camera off and on but never developed a "feel" for it. Before traveling to Ireland, I purchased an Olympus OM D EM 10 and fell in love with the camera and what it could do. This was followed by a gently used Olympus OM D EM5ii, then a grip for both cameras. Then came a wonderful purchase, a mint 40-150mm 2.8 pro lens and I was hooked. Two weeks ago, a can't pass deal came my way and I bought a pristine EM 1 with HLD7, 3 batteries and another charger. During this time frame, I sold a Nikon D700 body and an 80-200 2.8 Nikon AF lens and more will soon be sold so that I can get either a 12-40mm 2.8 or a Panasonic Leica 12-60 2.8/4. Down the line, there are the nice Oly 43 lenses with converter to consider such as a 50mm-200 2.8/3.5, and the very affordable 14-54mm 2.8 to have somewhat matching bodies and lenses. Absolutely love the EM 1 and do not think I will be going after the EM 1 ii.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus »

Share this topic: