Back from Ireland with the Oly OMD-EM-10
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9058810
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Back from Ireland with the Oly OMD-EM-10

We spent a week in Ireland and took a lot of photo equipment (Nikon D800, D750, Panasonic G5, and the newly purchased used Olympus OM-D-EM-10 with lots of lenses.) I took the kit 14-42 lens, the Olympus 40-150mm less expensive lens, the Panasonic 25mm 1.7 and the Sigma 60mm 2.8. I took maybe 30 shots with the Nikon D800 and over 750 with the Olympus. I was blown away with the images straight out of camera and the only down side is the quirkiness of Olympus Viewer 3 and/or Lightroom in converting the raw files. After coming home, we have had two football games we have covered and the wife has commandeered the Olympus to see how it works with sports and she loved the images and the ease of focus, etc and the only thing she did not like was the slow 40-150 lens, so............., we are awaiting delivery of a 40-150mm 2.8 which was ordered today. I am selling some Nikon equipment to reimburse my dwindling bank account and will probably buy another Olympus camera, E5 ii. One used camera leads to lots more purchases.

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6967624
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Back from Ireland with the Oly OMD-EM-10

I agree that Olympus Viewer 3 is quirky and slow. Not sure about quirkiness in LR though. I have decent LR success with my Oly ORF's. You not getting good results, or it is tough to get there in LR?

The Oly 40-150 f/2.8 is a great lens.I think the E-M5mkII will be better with it than the E-M10 you have, but both will feel about the same. Yes, GAS is a bad thing to have

Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus »

Share this topic: