New (gently used) Olympus OM-D-EM-10
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9058810
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default New (gently used) Olympus OM-D-EM-10

For our upcoming trip to Ireland, I wanted a small camera for the day by day shooting of memories with the Nikons to be used for those shots we want to keep and enlarge. I found a gently used Olympus EM-10 for a paltry sum and bought it. It is like new and I have been trying to figure out the menus and dials and buttons. The instruction book is getting a great workout. I will be taking the Olympus instead of the Panasonic G5 with the 14-42mm kit lens, the 40-150mm lens, a 60mm 2.8 Sigma and the 25mm Olympus 1.7. It is so tiny but I think that it might just end up in my wife's hands since she has been playing with it all afternoon and tonight. We have 2 small 10.6" computers we are taking with us loaded with Olympus Viewer 3 for the RAW files along with a 1 tb portable drive for storage. The initial pictures from the Oly are really nice although I knew they would be since I have owned an Olympus E-PL1 for some time. Will keep you posted as I learn the camera more.

Old 1 Week Ago   #2
F1 Camel

Default Re: New (gently used) Olympus OM-D-EM-10

My wife teaches photography through our city. She teaches Portraiture and Lighting, Lightroom, and Sports Photography. We volunteer for a low-income youth baseball project and have made friends with the founder, a former newspaper sports columnist and through him, the management of the National Baseball Congress which has its world series of amateur teams throughout the United States going on right now. She was able to take her class to the games last night and I went to try out the Olympus OM-D-EM10 on sports. I used the venerable Olympus 40-150mm inexpensive lens and was surprised at what I got. This shot is called "Moment of Impact" and was shot with the above equipment. Many more shots which were also good but this one was the best.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P8060089.jpg (180.2 KB, 10 views)
jhawk1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
F1 Camel

Default Re: New (gently used) Olympus OM-D-EM-10

The team in red is the Colorado Black Bears and the one in black is the Cheney, Kansas Diamond Dawgs. The Dawgs won the game 9-3.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Cameras and Lenses > Olympus »

Share this topic: